Pagosa Springs 3 D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagosa Springs 3 D

I shot in the Mike Valdez Memorial Archery Tournament today.

Those boys don't play. Closest shot was 20 yds at an Armadillo. A LIFE sized armadillo.

Not a good tournament to build self esteem for someone planning a Co elk hunt. I did ok on the down hill shots but not so good on shooting uphill. I have always shot OUT of trees not UP into them.
    I was a low 5 on a lot of targets.

I had a good time. This was a mixed shoot. I figure around 150 shooters. It was ran pretty well but watching gave me even more respect for the officers that put on our 300 plus shooters 2-3 day all trad events.

If any of you guys are up here during this shoot you should check it out.
    Last edited by M.E.B.; 07-19-2014, 05:08 PM.

Sounds like fun,Mike!

When are you returning to the winterlike temps in TX? (don't worry though, these cool temps will be long gone by the time you get back)

Bisch

Comment

Be home around the 27 th or 28 th. Back at work on the 30 th

Comment

A low 5 on a real critter works every time.

Comment

Good real life arc challenge I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            Well... depends on your low 5.

The majority of my low 5s are leg... and I am never really dissapointed because I know I got the horizontal axis right. Instinctively, I always draw up the front leg and pick a spot 1/3 of the way up from there. I tend to do this in 3D, because I'm not all the concerned with score anyways... just a good shot. So if I hit leg, I know I was looking in the right spot... I just either misjudged distance or creeped before the release.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

On a real critter it would have been ok. When you looked at my score card not so much.

Headed home. In Synder Tx. Dang I remember why I headed north. HOT!!!

Comment

Working...
              X