Boneless prime rib recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless prime rib recipe

Mom picked up a boneless ribeye roast for me to make for thanksgiving does anyone have a traditional recipe for this? I’ve never made one but I’d imagine just like a bone in roast. Any recipe will be greatly appreciated don’t want to mess this up.

Do a search. There is already a thread on this, and the recipe is fantastic. I had never even attempted one of these, and I used the how-to from the tried and true TBH, and it came out perfect.

Comment

Season and cook it in your smoker. I did a bone-in roast l couple years ago that came out amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as you don’t overcook it you can’t really mess it up in my opinion. We do them every year for Christmas and have tried a bunch of different ways and they have all been great.

Comment

Anyone have a suggestion for time per pound to reach 120-125? Looking for an average time at x heat for boneless.

Comment

Get a temp probe.

Dont leave it to chance.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Coat in olive oil and rub with garlic pepper. Cook to 130-135* is how I do mine in the oven. Always a hit. Make sure it’s room temp before cooking. I buy a horseradish mustard instead of the other condiments for the side and it’s usually a big hit

Comment

Use a Temp gauge don't guess.

I use salt and pepper only.

I bought 2 …. HEB has Prime of $9.97.

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                    Season and cook it in your smoker. I did a bone-in roast l couple years ago that came out amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    This^^^. It will be the best piece of meat you've ever eaten.

Comment

Comment

Have not had a bad one yet

MIL cooked one for Christmas for years in the oven

Then I got voluntold that I was the new chef

After a couple of years I convinced them to let me smoke it and now that is the way they want it
                        Throw it in the oven under the broile for a few minutes to crisp up the edges

BTW, Costco is running a "sale" on 5# wagyu rib roast
                        Great deal at $999

Comment

Working...
                        X