No announcement yet.

Weekend pergola project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get that black hardware. Specifically the brackets.

Looks great!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

All of the hardware is from OZCO, its the lardeo sunset ornamental iron. I ordered everything from Home Depot as they had the best prices shipped. I had to search some items on their site, but they had everything needed. OZCO has plans on their site that gives pretty detailed lists of whats needed. I just looked at what was required and added some parts as needed to get the look we wanted. Decks direct has kits as well, but I found it easier to just order what we wanted than get a kit and have to add items to it as it drove the price up quite a bit. Links below for resources I used. It was a fun project and lots of work.

The timbers are treated 6x6, with treated 2x8x20 runners, the other lumber is just yellow pine for the rafters and roof ties, all of it will get a water/uv seal at some point just for a little extra protection.

The roof tin is 16ft, and has a 2.5 ish slope, we ripped 2x8x16 down to a 2x6x16 at one end, and the concrete has a 1/2 slope, timber were cut at 9ft, it should shed water fairly well.

Thanks

Quick view project plans, take a moment to let our Project Plan Bill of Materials and Photo Book fill you with inspiration. Like a particular a project and want the detailed plans? featured project plans peruse our ever-growing library of plan. Have Questions? Call Us 469-916-7503 or Drop Us a Line questions@ozcobp.com

A Pergola System from Decks Direct is just the thing you need to transform your backyard into a gorgeous outdoor living space. Shop for yours today!
        Last edited by KDinTX; 02-18-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Great looking pergola!

Love the hardware!

Comment

Looks great. But excuse my ignorance. I don’t see gutters in the pic so why not tie it to the roof? Or do you just not plan on using it during the rain?

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Looks great. But excuse my ignorance. I don’t see gutters in the pic so why not tie it to the roof? Or do you just not plan on using it during the rain?
              He would have to lower the height of the pergola to tie it to the facia or spend a bunch of money tying it into the roof at the height it is now.
              Lowering the height and tying it into the facia would create problems down the road.

Comment

We didn't tie to the roof because we just had it redone and didn't want warranty issues later. There will be a gutter installed soon, there is six inches of a gap between the vertical timbers and the fascia, haven't decided between seamless gutter or just doing it myself for now. There will also be a couple of fans installed so it needed to be higher than the roof line would allow and the ceiling in the living room on the other side of the wall has a vaulted ceiling, it would have required a bit extra for the weight support to get into the rafter and tie in.

Comment

Great looking!

Comment

Shade is critical in the Texas summer... Awesome job! And adding the fans is going to make it even better.

Comment

Looks awesome, well done.

Just to clarify, the labs rub on the brick?

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                        We didn't tie to the roof because we just had it redone and didn't want warranty issues later. There will be a gutter installed soon, there is six inches of a gap between the vertical timbers and the fascia, haven't decided between seamless gutter or just doing it myself for now. There will also be a couple of fans installed so it needed to be higher than the roof line would allow and the ceiling in the living room on the other side of the wall has a vaulted ceiling, it would have required a bit extra for the weight support to get into the rafter and tie in.
                        Gotcha. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          Looks awesome, well done.

Just to clarify, the labs rub on the brick?
                          My choc male does, he will go role in the dirt and rub down the side of anything if you let him, bed, couch, house, fence etc.

Comment

How bad is the heat off a tin roof like that in the summer in full sun? I want to do this myself but am afraid it’s going to be so hot under there you don’t want to be under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                              How bad is the heat off a tin roof like that in the summer in full sun? I want to do this myself but am afraid it’s going to be so hot under there you don’t want to be under it.
                              Shouldn’t be to bad, will have fans moving air around. Our cabin in the country is built similar, with fans running it’s not to bad at all. Plus any little bit of a breeze blows it swirls around back there pretty good. We were going to put white colored tin up but decided on just galvanized for this.

Comment

Forgot to post pics of it after we set it up with lights bar tables, chairs, tv and a couple rockers. Was going through pics on phone and came across these and reminded me about this thread. We have put a few bird feeders up cause my daughter likes to watch them as well.

Ran all the conduit, etc for the fans and added flood lights for the back yard. Have one camera on the outside edge that sees the entire yard, shed, trailer etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X