Remodel contractor Portland/Corpus area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Portland soon and found a house we love that needs a kitchen upgrade. Anyone on TBH that's a remodel contractor in the area or have someone they've used before and happy with? Thanks!

No but be careful there are a lot of shady contractors taking advantage of all the recent hurricane money around. Don’t pay 100% up front and do some research on your contractors past work before you pick one.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Sending PM on the one I used. He did the outside of my home but he does it all. Very trust worthy,honest and fair on price IMO. The next contact I am sending is co worker. I just found out he is doing remodels too and he is very honest, straight up guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
        No but be careful there are a lot of shady contractors taking advantage of all the recent hurricane money around. Don’t pay 100% up front and do some research on your contractors past work before you pick one.

Jason Slocum

This! There are a bunch that pop up and go away quickly. Portland has a list of contractors that are registered with the city. I think it’s on their website. Be prepared to wait right now. We live in Portland and had a hard time getting people to give quotes for our privacy fence. Ended up building it ourselves in the end. We did use Heritage Construction for our roof, and overall are happy with it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by SoTXAg06; 01-28-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
          This! There are a bunch that pop up and go away quickly. Portland has a list of contractors that are registered with the city. I think it’s on their website. Be prepared to wait right now. We live in Portland and had a hard time getting people to give quotes for our privacy fence. Ended up building it ourselves in the end. We did use Heritage Construction for our roof, and overall are happy with it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the area.

Thanks for the offer and feedback. We are excited about moving to the area.

Comment

welcome to portland. please check the city
            for registered contractors. we have to prove
            we have insurance and abode with all building
            n city codes. if you still need one or info, you
            pm me. I moved here in 2003 and work as a
            registered contractor here.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
              welcome to portland. please check the city
              for registered contractors. we have to prove
              we have insurance and abode with all building
              n city codes. if you still need one or info, you
              pm me. I moved here in 2003 and work as a
              registered contractor here.
              Thank you!

Comment

Contact citylimitslayer on here. He’s working in Rockport now with a company and they are a reputable company.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations. Looks like they've accepted my offer. Any other pearls of wisdom or advice on living in Portland?

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                    Thanks again everyone for the recommendations. Looks like they've accepted my offer. Any other pearls of wisdom or advice on living in Portland?

There are a few good restaurants in town, but going to Corpus gives you more options. What part of town are you moving in to?

Comment

My company is the building inspection company the city uses for their building inspections department we will be doing all your inspections once they pull permits.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

There are a few good restaurants in town, but going to Corpus gives you more options. What part of town are you moving in to?

West cliff I think is the name of the neighborhood? West on Moore just south of all the new developments.

Comment

Tag for later.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                            West cliff I think is the name of the neighborhood? West on Moore just south of all the new developments.

Cool deal. We live in Bay Ridge which is over by Wal-Mart.

Comment

Cool deal. We live in Bay Ridge which is over by Wal-Mart.

Awesome, we looked at a few options over there. What's going to be my best bet for Mexican food? Closest boat ramp?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X