simmons tree sharks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simmons tree sharks?

what is a good sharpening system for the heads i have tried the lanksy on them and it doesnt work at all.

Thanks
    Dustin

Worksharp is the way to go for me. It is the only way I have been able to put a decent edge on anything.

Comment

Ceramic rod will were on them

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post

you hold them by hand or do you have some sort of guide?

Comment

By hand

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
            i use this and screw the broadhead into a shortened arrow shaft that has the insert still in the end.
            (basically another arrow that got dinked closer to the nock and i cut it down for a handle)
            i did build it up with duck tape to make it easier to hold at the correct angle while sharpening

Comment

thanks guys ill try the ceramic rods.

Dustin

Comment

jewel stick, can start off with a round saw file as well. i can hit them with the file and most of the time not need the stone

Comment

yeah i was actually looking at the jewel stick and the razor-edge guide for sharpening these heads

Comment

The key to sharpening any cutting tool is removing the steel at the edge while maintaining a consistent angle between the blade and the stone. Spyderco’s Tri-Angle Sharpmaker takes the mystery out of this process and enables anyone to sharpen a knife...

All you'll ever need !!

Comment

Originally posted by bbs383ci View Post
                      yeah i was actually looking at the jewel stick and the razor-edge guide for sharpening these heads
                      This method works great. Go to YouTube and do a search for sharpening Simmons heads and you should pull up a video that shows how to do it.

Comment

$9.95 smith crock sticks,2 sets of sticks that store in the wood base @ Gander Mtn. Gets my 160 sharks shaving sharp!

Comment

Working...
                        X