water station ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water station ideas

I got a 250 gals water tote need some ideas on getting a water station set up? I'm a little country so pics would have me understand a little better.thanks ya'll for any help

we have windmills supply water to troughs and ponds, i had a tripod by a water trough and was amazed by how many deer would suck water from that trough.

Comment

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of one similar to what I'm setting up but I'm basically doing the same thing as you are doing. I bought a 40 gal black rubber tub from Tractor Supply for $29 and a aluminum water tank float from Tractor Supply for $14, with those 2 items and the big tank you can reduce the ball valve down on the large tank to a water hose fitting and run a hose from the large tank that you have and hook it up to the float that you will have mounted on the side of the 40 gal tub and it will keep the 40 gal tub full and only let water in as the water level drops on the tub, then you will have 290 gals of water out.

Comment

thanks fellows

Comment

ttt

Comment

this works for us
            Attached Files

Comment

The picture above shows the same setup as I was describing, from the reading I did on here there are 2 things that the water trouph needs.... a branch or rock in the trouph for small animals to be able to use to get out if they fall in and it sounds like the majority of the drinking trouph needs to be covered w a piece of plywood or something and only leave a small opening to cut down on evaporation.

Comment

My watering station same principle as above. Use a trough float from Tractor Supply, key is to make your trough as small as possible to reduce evaporation rate. I use a small metal oblong water trough, loaded with rocks to reduce holding capacity, add weight to the trough and make it look a little more natural.

Comment

thanks good tips. going to go out after mothers day and set it up.

Comment

ttt-
                    Does anyone know where to get these totes at around the Beaumont/Houston/Baytown area? I live close to Beaumont, but am willing to go buy them within a reasonable distance. THANKS!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	WildlifeWaterStation1.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	23989481

Comment

Good pic thats nice

Comment

Try Baytec on 146 in San Leon

Comment

here is my countrified setup

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                            ttt-
                            Does anyone know where to get these totes at around the Beaumont/Houston/Baytown area? I live close to Beaumont, but am willing to go buy them within a reasonable distance. THANKS!
                            [ATTACH]235597[/ATTACH]
                            How long before you have to refill?

Comment

Working...
                            X