No announcement yet.

Lane splitting on motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing it a lot in LA when traffic was bad. I think at least one motorcyclist a day died as result. Car drivers wouldn't think to look for them when changing lanes, and the bikes would go into the side of the car.

Comment

Lane splitting = fast lane to organ donation

Comment

Be the same ones who are gripping when dirt and leaves blow off your trailer

Comment

Not legal in Texas unfortunately. Doesn’t mean that I won’t filter to the front of the light to avoid overheating in traffic when it’s 110* out. You’d be surprised how many people get p1ssed off when you roll to the front of a light and don’t realize that you’re not inconveniencing them one bit. At speed? Now that’s a stupid maneuver.

The problem I have is cyclist in general want to throw a fit when they think auto drivers dont watch out for them or drive in a way that is endangers them but the minute it is to their benefit they want to do something stupid like lane splitting. I take issue with just because you can and you have a self thought out circumstance then it is the thing to do. Just because you are on a bike doesnt entitle you to zip between cars. I dont want to be the guy changing lanes and kill or injure you and havevto lve with that.

Comment

I had an easy fix to it when I worked highway. Arrested them for reckless and impounded bike. But I also had to work two wrecks that I remember from it but it didn't bother me as I was making overtime putting paint on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
              Not legal in Texas unfortunately. Doesn’t mean that I won’t filter to the front of the light to avoid overheating in traffic when it’s 110* out. You’d be surprised how many people get p1ssed off when you roll to the front of a light and don’t realize that you’re not inconveniencing them one bit. At speed? Now that’s a stupid maneuver.

The problem I have is cyclist in general want to throw a fit when they think auto drivers dont watch out for them or drive in a way that is endangers them but the minute it is to their benefit they want to do something stupid like lane splitting. I take issue with just because you can and you have a self thought out circumstance then it is the thing to do. Just because you are on a bike doesnt entitle you to zip between cars. I dont want to be the guy changing lanes and kill or injure you and havevto lve with that.
              I’m not sure you’re understanding what I’m saying. “Zipping between cars” was not mentioned in my comment. Regardless, whether you take issue with how I ride or not, I’ll do what I have to do when my temps on the bike start rising. I appreciate your concern for not wanting to kill a biker. Keep an eye out for them. Not enough car drivers have the awareness to know what’s around their vehicle.

Comment

Not our job to anticipate riders breaking a traffic law. Riders want to be safe follow the laws. Not our problem they bought a bike with no cooling system. But everyone now wants to make their problems someone else's and think because they have an issue they are more entitled than the rest. Shut the bike off in traffic before it gets over heated problem solved. Motorcycles and cyclists are the same. Scream look out for us then ignore any laws they don't like.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

While I'll admit, sometimes it's tempting but it's dangerous enough out there without putting a gun to my head pulling the trigger just to see if it's loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixiehunter View Post
                    Inconvenience? No? Being a ****** bag? Yes! Get in line like everyone else. Your time isn’t any more valuable than anyone else’s. Typical attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Inconvenience? No? Being a ****** bag? Yes! Get in line like everyone else. Your time isn’t any more valuable than anyone else’s. Typical attitude!
                      Call me a ****** bag if you like. I ride the bike because it’s more fuel and time efficient in a city that gets pretty congested around rush hour. Lane filtering saves me time, fuel and keeps the bike from overheating not to mention having a car stopped behind me makes me less likely to be hit. I’ve come within inches of being slammed by a truck who didn’t see me stopped at a light. I’d much rather have filtered in front of a car that would’ve protected me. Most cops in College Station seem to understand this and have not given me any trouble when I’ve done it in front of and next to them. Either way, I probably won’t change your opinion and you won’t change mine.

Comment

This.......and I ride. Going to the front of the line ain't cooling that bike down any more than waiting your turn.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

The one that make me mad is the guy in rush hour, stand still traffic hauling *** down the middle between cars because he does not want to wait. If I see them in time I move my truck towards the middle to cut them off.

Comment

agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                              Not our job to anticipate riders breaking a traffic law. Riders want to be safe follow the laws. Not our problem they bought a bike with no cooling system. But everyone now wants to make their problems someone else's and think because they have an issue they are more entitled than the rest. Shut the bike off in traffic before it gets over heated problem solved. Motorcycles and cyclists are the same. Scream look out for us then ignore any laws they don't like.

kronik by Diamond
                              Completely agree, modern mindset of I’m a little more important than everyone else and they can cater to my needs. Drives me crazy.

Comment

Stupid. "Watch out for Motorcycles" I see these signs all the time. I thought it meant to be cautious and not overlook them. Was not aware it meant watch out for the arse holes trying to be cute and causing you to wreck.

Comment

Working...
                                X