Key West things to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key West things to do?

I will be in Key West with my daughter for 2 days on a quick road trip along florida. About 20 years ago i went there several times a year for about 4 years but mostly fishing and then parting. Now that i'm a dad and going back for the first time since then what is there to do?

I have done the google search so there are lots of recommendations there but I wanted to see from first hand experience what you guys like to do and keep in mind i have my daughter there.

Sorry I'm no help, because I go there to party. Maybe Ripleys believe it or not?

Comment

Definitely a cool, but strange place at the same time. A few kid friendly attractions would be -
      - Hemmingway mansion
      - Southern most point (good place for a picture)
      - watch a sunset on the west-end

Comment

Post up on Duval Street and you'll find plenty to do if you like to bar hop and socialize. Had a great time in Key West every time i've been. Edit: Didn't see the kid with you part. Maybe the beach?

Comment

Try to find Dale jr.s house.

Comment

Yeah partying is easy there but I will have a teenager with me

Comment

Go on a jet ski tour of the Key

Comment

How old is your daughter? Key West is not very kid friendly from what I have experienced.

Comment

Tagged. Heading there with my family tomorrow, the mini lobster season is next week (main reason we are going). I’ve never been but am excited.

Comment

Most of these places have web cams:

Hand feed the tarpon at Robbies on Islamorada.
                    Welcome to Robbie’s Marina, home of the world-famous tarpon feeding! Here, you can discover the exciting things to do in Islamorada during your stop here.

Eat at Alabama Jack's on the way in or the way out. It's our first stop on the way to Key West and our last stop leaving the Keys every trip.
                    Their website appears to be gone. Here is a review:

Rent a convertible and drive down the keys.

Stop at Big Pine Key/No Name Key and drive around an look at the Key Deer walking around. They will walk up and lick your hand.
                    While on Big Pine eat pizza at the No Name Pub.

Watch the sunset celebration at Mallory Square.
                    See why the Mallory Square Sunset Celebration has become the most famous Key West attraction for locals and visitors alike.

Eat breakfast at Blue Heaven.
                    Ricky's Blue Heaven is an authentic Key West's favorite. Serving breakfast, lunch, and fine dining in the evenings, Blue Heaven is known for its Caribbean flavors, local following, and long-time Key West presence.

Eat breakfast at Pepe's.

Eat lunch/dinner at El Meson de Pepe.
                    Located in Old Town Key West next to Mallory Square, El Meson de Pepe Cuban Restaurant has been crafting authentic cuban food and drinks for 30 years.

Eat bar food at the Schooner Warf Bar.

Hogs Breath Saloon. Good bar food.
                    Hog Shop Hog Cams Our Menu Hog’s Breath Saloon in Key West, FL! “Hog’s Breath is better than no breath at all!” Welcome to the World Famous Hog’s Breath Saloon in beautiful Key West, Florida. …

Sloppy Joe's(the sloppy joe is actually excellent).
                    On Stage Today See Entire Entertainment Calendar On Stage Today See Entire Entertainment Calendar Shop / Gift Cards Clothing, souvenirs and more. Not sure what to buy? Sloppy Joe’s gift cards are available.

Walk around the Key West Cemetery.

Walk around old town and look at all the cool houses/buildings.
                    Or ride the trolley.
                    See the best first with our top rated Key West Tours. Explore 100+ points of interest. Hop on and hop off at all popular Key West attractions.

Straight up bars:
                    Popular Local Dive Bar featuring live music, casual atmosphere, and great drinks. The Green Parrot is firmly established amongst the Best Key West Bars.

Captain Tony's Saloon - The Oldest Bar in Florida

Eat frozen, chocolate covers key lime pie on a stick.

Comment

blue heaven has the best breakfast. Lobster eggs benedict. You'll thank me later

Comment

Make sure you go eat at BO’s fish wagon.
                        Best fish sandwich you will find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just got back last weekend. We had our 9yo with us. Check out the shipwreck museum and the aquarium. You can buy a package deal that gets you entry to both. In the aquarium y'all can feed nurse sharks, tarpon, and several other species. It was kind of neat. We also toured the Coast Cutter Ingham. If you go to Pepe's for bfast, get there early or be ready to wait in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                            Make sure you go eat at BO’s fish wagon.
                            Best fish sandwich you will find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            X2 Been years since I have been there and agree. Best grouper sandwich anywhere. When I went his shack was in the corner of a parking lot.

El Siboney in the neighborhood is outstanding Cuban. No reservations, wait in line, but worth it.

Comment

We took a snorkel trip into the national park. Only two boats allowed to snorkel in that area. One of the best snorkel trips we have been on from old war planes to sea life all in the shallows.

Comment

Working...
                              X