No announcement yet.

Is Tiger done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85? Practically bogey golf, better change something.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
      That's a mighty bold statement against arguably the best golfer of all time. Even Jack snagged another major in his 40s.

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
      He'll wrap his head around the game again at some point.
      YEP........time brings on change! IF it was not for Tiger the money nor attention that golf currently enjoys would not exist. Ratings are down for the PGA but the contract with TV is fat.......arguably because of what Tiger brought to the table. The galleries are not 10-15 thick anymore.........I have been in those galleries and it is unreal. I bet the PGA is praying to get that vibe back............from TIGER or anybody with the mass appeal he brought to the game.

Comment

Golf was doing just fine in the days of Arnie and Jack. Tiger brought it back to the mainstream, and then he soiled the throne.

There are plenty of great players out there today. I'm not worried about golf without Tiger.

Comment

The difference back in the day of Jack, Arnie and Gary was there was only 10-15 guys who had a chance to win most weeks. Now a days there are 30-40 that could win if hot.

Comment

Yup. I prefer this to that.

Comment

He and John Daley will be on a PGA poster. Daley for boozing. The Wood for well the Wood.

Comment

And even those guys will be the first to say we're seeing the best golf in the history of the sport, these days.

Comment

I hope

Comment

I wonder how many of the young guns on the tour today watched Tiger growing up and said they were going to be like him. Hard to believe that Tiger has been around for that long.

Comment

I guess the hardest thing for him and his fans to take is how fast he fell.

Comment

He will win again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          He will win again this year.
                          Maybe. There is indeed a lot of talent in that body. But now it's become a mental game, and I'm not sure how often he will be able to hold it together for four straight days.

Tiger never had scar tissue to deal with when he was winning. He had always won. Now he has a LOT of scar tissue, and it's amplified by the fact that he was so good.

The sooner he can let go of thinking he's invincible, the sooner he will come back.

Humility has never been one of his strengths though.

Comment

Great morning laugh reading through this thread.

He's not done by a long shot.

Comment

Done like David Duval! Remember him?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Great morning laugh reading through this thread.

He's not done by a long shot.
                                85 with no injuries? He's toast.
                                I was a fan. Until I knew the real story.
                                I feel sorry for his kids. No role model.

Comment

Working...
                                X