Hidalgos back at it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidalgos back at it...

5k fine for businesses that dont force patrons to wear a mask. They sure are worried about this, but weren't in a tizzy over protests. Should there be a fine on black men who don't raise their sons because they're statistically worse off in the world? Should they start doling out fines for drinking alcohol or smoking because its detrimental to your health and others? How about we start fining politicians who's districts are impoverished and rely on the govt.
    Plus, while there's some nuance, a business counts as an individual, and therefore shouldn't be allowed to be fined if the governor already said individuals cant be fined.

Ranting, I know.

Still blows my mind that this idiot won over Ed Emmett. Fine work, Harris County voters!

Comment

Abbotts fault for letting them do these mandates. I won't wear a mask. I may have to get things delivered ,but not going along with this idiocy. The businesses are going to get a lot of hard times over this I bet.

Comment

I'm just annoyed. Dont think its govt job to mandate what's right and wrong, they barely get handling health to an okay level outside of an epidemic. I'm fine with businesses making a decision to ask patrons to wear one. If this is how it is though, I'll take my tax dollars elsewhere.

Comment

Unless you wear a Black lives matter Tshirt , nobody mess with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
            Unless you wear a Black lives matter Tshirt , nobody mess with you.
            Lol I do have a black shirt with white font saying seek justice, it's for a christian lawyer org that helps human rights cases in other countries. But I always wonder if people think it's some BLM or other affiliated thing just because

Comment

Well if you run into that Houston Police chief as weak as he is and if he thinks you have a black lives matter shirt on -he might kiss ya.

Comment

Since Abbott told them not to fine individuals they are circumventing and using the businesses as proxies.

We will see how Abbott responds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He already responded and said he didn't have a problem with it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Since Abbott told them not to fine individuals they are circumventing and using the businesses as proxies.

We will see how Abbott responds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Abbott is responsible for it. He ok'ed the order for SA. So all the liberal cities have followed suit. Hopefully there is enough push for him to change it.

Comment

The entire RGV got together on this & all 4 County judges screwed us...Mission even has a curfew. Mrs Artos went to HEB today & they are out of TP, eggs, water & other crap. People are such lemming cowards to fall for it again. Jeeeze.

Comment

I heard you can take it off in restaurants while you eat. The food absorbs the virus and it cannot escape.

Comment

So stupid...hope this is gone by July for our next eat outing. I think they are at now 50% & with this new deal you can take it off at the table but put it on if your arse leaves the seat. Asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            Still blows my mind that this idiot won over Ed Emmett. Fine work, Harris County voters!
                            Emmett is an idiot as well

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              Emmett is an idiot as well

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Yep. The morons in this county traded an idiot for a power hungry lunatic.

Comment

Working...
                              X