No announcement yet.

New property and new toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been some time since I posted any updates on here, but I have had some progress. I have built a pad for out cabin to sit on and have cleared out an area to set a couple shipping containers so we can store all our junk when we get around to selling our house. The building we bought should be moved bh the weekend. All the rain we have had this year really slowed down our building move and remodel plans but it looks like the time has come.

I have plans, and I am working on a pad site to set a couple containers. My idea is to sit them 10ft apart side by side and weld purlin between them to make me a little covered work area. I called for 4 loads of select fill dirt this week that should be there any day now. It appears things are about to get really busy for me real soon.

Oh yea, there is still no shortage of hogs. I have been hammering them but they keep on coming. I have to get busy on a trap as soon as I get some time.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post

I helped build that building while I was in school!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Congratulations to you. Just remember that you will never get finished so take some time for fishing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Mind if I ask what reasonable is for a skid steer like that? If you don't wan't to say maybe pm me.

Comment

Awesome work brother, great thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
            Mind if I ask what reasonable is for a skid steer like that? If you don't wan't to say maybe pm me.
            Dont mind at all. You can get a nice higher hour CAT in the mid 20's into the mid 30's.

Comment

Keep up the Good work! Thanks for the updates!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                I helped build that building while I was in school!
                Oh man that's too cool. When were you in school there?

Comment

Oh man that's too cool. When were you in school there?
                  Graduated in 2004 but worked for them thru the summers from 2000-2008/9ish. More for the fun and camaraderie, but also learned a ton working on all the different projects. Good times for sure. Place is looking awesome, keep it up!

Comment

Very nice! Keep the updates coming!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks guys. My wife went to the land with me yesterday and got an action shot. This tree was about 20 ft long and HEAVY. At first I lifted it and when I backed up the machine tipped forward. This thing rips at about 4k so that thing was solid. I cut it in half and moved it with ease. We are back at it today and I hope to get the are cleared for the cabin. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You can get you some counter weights that go on the back of the machine that will help with that. Congrats on the place and the new toys!

Comment

Graduated in 2004 but worked for them thru the summers from 2000-2008/9ish. More for the fun and camaraderie, but also learned a ton working on all the different projects. Good times for sure. Place is looking awesome, keep it up!
                        You may know my cousin Eddie Wooldridge, I think he was in school there around that time. The building is in really good shape still, its got some rot where the porches were but no big deal. Stay stuned here brother to see the transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          You can get you some counter weights that go on the back of the machine that will help with that. Congrats on the place and the new toys!
                          Yes sir, i will end up putting weights on the high flow skid steer im planning on buying later in the year. Im in bad need of a mulcher for our land so it wont be long until I upgrade a little.

Comment

This has been a great thread, thanks for taking us along as you transform the place. One of my best friends owns land just east of Lone Oak. That whole area is just beautiful.

Comment

You may know my cousin Eddie Wooldridge, I think he was in school there around that time. The building is in really good shape still, its got some rot where the porches were but no big deal. Stay stuned here brother to see the transformation.

Yes sir I do know Eddie. Keep it up!

Comment

Yes sir I do know Eddie. Keep it up!
                                Small world as I know Eddy as well...place is looking good

Comment

Working...
                                X