Duramax PPEI Dealer around east TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duramax PPEI Dealer around east TX

I am getting ready to delete my 15' duramax and I want to go with PPEI tunes but would like to find a shop close by to install them and do the exhaust work. Any recommendations?

The best I heard is, relentless diesel performance in Willis. That's probably where I'll take my 2-15 after warrantys out, i've already had to replace the heater in the DEF tank. Before I pay for that after warranty I'll be deleting it. Keep us posted.

Comment

Relentless in Willis is one of the best around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do they do PPEI tunes or do they have their own in house tuner?

Comment

any more input? I tried calling and emailing relentless in willis but no luck with an answer.

Comment

I have been dealing with Relentless for several years and that is without a doubt where I would take it and I wouldn't limit Chris to someone else's canned tunes, let him tune it on his dyno.

PPEI has a pretty bad rep on the pages I follow but those are Ford pages so maybe their Chevy tunes are better.

Comment

Kory Willis, or look up calibrated addiction.

Comment

I took my 08 to Relentless a few years back. He did his own custom tune with EFI live on the dyno. I was extremely satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  I took my 08 to Relentless a few years back. He did his own custom tune with EFI live on the dyno. I was extremely satisfied.
                  Did you do a single tune or do you have a switch with multiple?

Comment

Just had a single tune. Went from stock @ 292 hp and 590 torque at rear wheels to 443 hp and 701 torque. Really pepped up the truck and improved mileage.

I have a ‘15 now but I’m not messing with it until my warranty runs out.

Comment

Just had a single tune. Went from stock @ 292 hp and 590 torque at rear wheels to 443 hp and 701 torque. Really pepped up the truck and improved mileage.

I have a ‘15 now but I’m not messing with it until my warranty runs out.
                      I have thought about a single tune but I was wondering how it would do in all situations? I run unloaded one day and could be pulling 15k the next and want something that is safe with everything. Yeah I am about 7k miles from warranty being up so I am getting ready to have it in a shop when the odometer reads 100,001 miles!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
                        I have thought about a single tune but I was wondering how it would do in all situations? I run unloaded one day and could be pulling 15k the next and want something that is safe with everything. Yeah I am about 7k miles from warranty being up so I am getting ready to have it in a shop when the odometer reads 100,001 miles!
                        I was happy with the simplicity.

What Chris did on mine was try to get as much hp without breaking 700 torque to stay safe. If you add 150 hp with a boxed tuner, you will probably add 200-300 torque, and that’s when you break stuff unless you want to build the tranny too.

Side note: got a check engine light this morning and dash says DEF problem, 99 mi to 65mph top speed. Makes me just want to delete it.

Comment

I was happy with the simplicity.

What Chris did on mine was try to get as much hp without breaking 700 torque to stay safe. If you add 150 hp with a boxed tuner, you will probably add 200-300 torque, and that’s when you break stuff unless you want to build the tranny too.

Side note: got a check engine light this morning and dash says DEF problem, 99 mi to 65mph top speed. Makes me just want to delete it.
                          Ok good deal that makes sense. My in laws live in Conroe so next time k am around there I will have to go talk to Chris.

Yeah mine has been throwing def injector codes lately and I keep clearing them. Already had tank heater replaced so I am ready to get it all off to say the least.

Comment

WEll you have tunes and then the tuning platform

In TX I would use Calibrated and platform if not steeping up to cloud based your dealing old tech .Ez Lynk . And only one tune can be an issue . Unless the cal you are using are weak .

On my 180 tune its very hard to drive it on that hot tune in the rain no matter how hard you try to be gentle with the throttle .

Trans tuning in a MUST as well .

SOFT switch good luck

Comment

I’m not a Duramax guys but David Boone with 3rd Coast Diesels in McKinney has deleted all of my powerstrokes and is as good as they come.

Comment

Working...
                              X