Hollywood from the 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood from the 160

This journey start in May of this year when I purchased a piece of property in Haskell county, Oklahoma. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=695584
    As soon as I signed the papers the work started and numerous trips up to the property. Each trip we kept waiting to get pictures of mature bucks so we could make a shoot list. Each time we would get young bucks with a lot of potential. We were up to 20 bucks. Finally we got two mature bucks on camera. With lots of does on the property which I knew would attract the bucks the closer the rut approached. We made two trips up hunting the property each trip we saw numerous deer but still nothing we wanted to shoot.

Fast forward to November 9, Cody and myself head up to the 160. We have high expectations for this trip. A big cold front is headed in while we will be there along with perfect timing. We think that this should be the best hunt of the year! We have zero history with this property but with all of the stories that we have heard we know that we are in good deer country! Saturday morning I head out to hunt the T stand and see 4 bucks and 5 does. Really good hunt! Saturday afternoon I head out to the pond stand and see several does but no bucks. Sunday morning I decide to go back to the T but the wind is wrong and I decide to hunt the bow/rifle blind. Which really isn't my cup of tea. I like to hunt out of a loc-on. Morning starts out pretty slow but about 8:00 I start seeing a few deer and before you know it starts to become a zoo, there is deer everywhere. Bucks are chasing does and it's getting crazy! Well the bucks and does are coming and going but all to my NW and the does would run back to the NW. I thought something is chasing the does in there and the other bucks are just keeping them stirred up. All of a sudden I hear the deepest growl/grunt I've ever heard I look that way and I was like oh my. All kinds of emotions was going through my head. I've never seen this buck before but I know that he is a shooter no doubt. I can tell both of his g-2s are forked. He is mature, big body, heavy and is a solid 12pt(I never saw his forked g-3s or his extra points on his bases). All I knew is he is fixing to take off with a doe. He had a stare down with one of the bucks. Which was good because it slowed him down. He started walking towards one of the does but he walked right into my hand corn. He stopped just long enough for me to settle my pin right in the sweet spot. I touched off the release and the rage found the mark. As soon as he came in he was gone. He traveled 75yds and he was down! It was an extremely emotional time for me. Just a dream had came to reality. All the hard work, all the trips, everything came down to what seemed like a few seconds!! I have said for years that trailcams make good hunters turn into bad hunters. I have heard so many hunters tell me that they aren't hunting because they don't have anything on camera. This buck I had no clue was even in the state and all of a sudden he is 22yds from me giving me a shot opportunity! It was awesome to get to share this experience with my hunting buddy Cody. We have been hunting together since we were in middle school, thanks for being there with me!! Sorry for the long write up

Couple things I forgot my hunting buddies and me like to name the deer. This buck we had no history with so he didn't have a name. Well Rusty had been giving me a hard time about hunting out of the bow/rifle blinds calling me Hollywood. So since I shot the buck out of the Hollywood blind we called the Buck Hollywood. Hollywood ended up having 16 scoreable points and scored 158 3/8"! Last thing is I couldn't have done all of this without the help of my new friend Darton!!
    Attached Files

Congrats Wingnut!! Heck of a buck buddy!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great deer congrats

Comment

Wow, Congratulations and on your own property! That is an amazing feeling. Hard work payed off. Great write up.
          Last edited by cwbow; 11-13-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Awesome, look at all that junk on the back of the G1s..!

Comment

Very well done sir! Couldn't be happier for you and love the write up! Now lets get Cody on one
              Last edited by Darton; 11-13-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Beautiful
                Congrats!

Comment

Congrats sir! Well done

Comment

Hell of a buck! Congratulations sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad I was there with you for such an amazing hunt! Congrats again on Hollywood! To add to the story, we saw one of our up and comer 8s 1.75 miles away with a doe. They are traveling for sure.

Comment

A lot of AWESOME with this thread.

Congrats again on the new property and Big Congrats on one heck of a super nice buck. He's loaded with character and those forks are too cool.

Thanks for sharing the story...I enjoy seeing it.

Comment

Dang!

Comment

great buck.

Comment

Awesome buck

Comment

Working...
                              X