X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford

Comment

Originally posted by stxcowboy View Post
      Looking at buying a new truck in the next month.
      1 Going to pay cash
      2 Needs to be 4x4
      3 4 door
      4 V8 engine
      5 Automatic
      6 Half ton
      Got it narrowed down to Tundra, Ford, Gmc looking at reliability, going to be my last truck I hope so plan on keeping it awhile. What's yalls options?
      Why pay cash? they're quite a few investments that could easily make 8 %. ,if you have to pay 2 % interest on your truck @ 50k you would be ahead $3k the first year alone if you where to invest rather than pay cash

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        Tundra then Ford, I wouldnt even consider the gmc or ram. You said dependable right?
        BINGO. Ford and Toyota only for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
          They have already had issues with the shifter knob. My plant manager had a new Ram lock up and would not start. They said it was the shifter. I do like my 2012 Ram, it's been a great truck no problems with 120,000 miles.
          I would go Ram or Ford.
          I don't get the knob shifter. I get it that they want to open up more space on the console, but on a 4x4 I wouldn't want a knob. sometimes you need to go from D to R and back to D really fast in some muddy situations. with at knob i just don't see that being an option. for the city slicker 4x4 drivers, they just like knobs to play with. I like my '09 shifter on the console

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
            Worst fuel economy.... ��
            I don't buy a truck for fuel mileage.

Tundra!!

Comment

Dodge ram. ..

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Dodge ram. ..
                This wasn't one of his choices, and for good reasons....

Comment

Buy a 4-5 y/o truck cash
                  And a rent house with your left over money.
                  No way paying cash for a brand new truck is a good idea( unless of course You have plenty of investments already)

Comment

Ford 5.0

Comment

The 2015 F-150 Ford may be one to give a good look see too. New body. New engines. Those that know say, If the public takes to the new Ford with all the new ideas. Then others will have to follow. If your a "die-hard" Chevy, Dodge, what ever guy. All those new concepts won`t turn your head though. But still worth a ....look.

Comment

Used trucks are so high priced, especially in Texas. I got a brand new 2014 GMC Sierra double cab z71 for less than 95 % of people's advertised bottom dollar used models. (Bought in LR) I've enjoyed it. Test drove both the ford and dodge, and they definitely have their perks, but I liked the GMC ride, style, and size the most. I get the advertised gas mileage plus some. I drive easy, but can sometimes get 25-26mpg on flat delta roads.

Comment

Would you consider an Ecoboost? I'm going to sell my 2011 Ford F150 King Ranch pretty soon.

Comment

Tundra if I could afford it otherwise gotta Ram it

Comment

I would vote Tundra too if it were not for the awful gas mileage in their V8 engines. I'd look at the fords for the criteria that you're wanting. Lower cost of ownership vs the others for that vehicle class. You will avg 16-18 mph pending the type of driving you do.

Comment

Here's some good info regarding the ownership costs for each class.

Comment

Working...
                                X