Best Side x Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darton View Post
    Why would the 500 and 700 suck? Same machine just less power right?
    Darton, I had 'em both. There's nothing wrong with either of them. Matter of fact, when sold my 700, my wife was pretty bent out of shape with me. She preferred it over the 1000... And it has PLENTY of power too! I got the 1000 for a bigger machine, more hauling/towing capacity and the EPS, but I'd have no problem with the 700.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
      Which back windshield do you have? I was thinking the kolpin hard rear panel, but like the vinyl panel because it’s easy to take off. Might get doors and a heater next season, spent too much on it already only having it for a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mine is a 1000-5. I got the Honday rear panel for the soft side cabin kit. Since yours doesn't have the double roll cage, you should be able to get the same thing except for the 1000-3. It makes a BIG difference. I was hoping that the split windshield being open would be sufficient, but it just wasn't...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Darton, I had 'em both. There's nothing wrong with either of them. Matter of fact, when sold my 700, my wife was pretty bent out of shape with me. She preferred it over the 1000... And it has PLENTY of power too! I got the 1000 for a bigger machine, more hauling/towing capacity and the EPS, but I'd have no problem with the 700.

The 700 transmission was terrible, and it seem underpowered. Slow throttle response, and it only goes 43 or so mph. Just not what I want in a machine I use for hunting and playing. It may work for some but not for me. If I wanted that I would have bought a Kawasaki mule pro. That’s about the comparison. 1000 Honda smokes a kawi in comfort, suspension, and speed. Big three imo. Plus it’s fun to drive!

Comment

Mine is a 1000-5. I got the Honday rear panel for the soft side cabin kit. Since yours doesn't have the double roll cage, you should be able to get the same thing except for the 1000-3. It makes a BIG difference. I was hoping that the split windshield being open would be sufficient, but it just wasn't...

I will when next season rolls around. It’s been so wet that I haven’t needed it! Have you put a fan under your seat yet?

Comment

Thank you sir for your insight!

Comment

Found the weakness of my mule last nigh.....it’s not very good in the mud. Went to the barn to get wood for the fireplace, didn’t make it.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                Found the weakness of my mule last nigh.....it’s not very good in the mud. Went to the barn to get wood for the fireplace, didn’t make it.

You sure your 4 wheel drive is engaging? That should have pulled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

Oh yea, and locked. It’s bottomless right in front of the barn because of cattle traffic, and it’s gumbo.

Comment

I know there is a lot of anti Polaris people here but I’ve had nothing but good experiences. I own a 09’ sportsman 500 that’s only needed a battery and tires. Currently have a 19’ ranger 1000 crew and love it. My FIL has a 19’ Mule 1000 crew and after riding in both I don’t see how people like the mule better. The ranger is faster, better suspension and handles mud better. He is even wanting to trade is in now after taking mine on the lease. Anyways good luck on ur buy.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                      Oh yea, and locked. It’s bottomless right in front of the barn because of cattle traffic, and it’s gumbo.

And the factory tires are not nearly aggressive enough. Have you tried to clean the mud out of the underside where that bed does all the expanding and folding to convert what size it is? Almost impossible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        And the factory tires are not nearly aggressive enough. Have you tried to clean the mud out of the underside where that bed does all the expanding and folding to convert what size it is? Almost impossible.

Lol, no I haven’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

When there’s no bottom you’re pretty much screwed.

Comment

I went with the can am defender max xt. Hd8. My dad has a mule pro fxt, and we have had polaris, gators, kubota, and we all agree the defender is the best all around. My dad calls it the Cadillac. Its smoother, quieter, and faster than his Kawasaki. It's just long.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouboy View Post
                              so. Not everyone hunts a golf course. Some of us actually hunt in areas trucks cannot get to.
                              lmao

Comment

I went with Polaris over the others mostly because it was the only one that came factory with front and rear locking differentials. Mule and defender both had open front diffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X