Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you share "shooter" buck pictures with neighbors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other people on the lease, yes. Fencline neighbors no

Comment

Me and the neighbors share pics throughout the year. We don't have "shooter bucks" but rather good bucks that show up. We've also hunted each other's stands chasing a deer we are after. Got lucky having good "no fence" neighbors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Been on my lease since 89 and have never had a conversation with the neighbors on 3 sides. My land owners sister owns the land on the west side. Never really talk deer to them. I do know that the neighbor sold the place to the east and the new owner has been piling on the protein for 3 years now and I really appreciate that.

Comment

I’m surprised how many are saying that they don’t even share pictures with lease members.... that truly is sad. I’d find new members!

If we knew our neighbors well enough, I would consider sharing pictures. I just haven’t had a chance to meet them yet.

Comment

Some of you folks are on the wrong leases if you can’t share pics with other lease members. I guess I should count my blessings for being with a good group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Some of you folks are on the wrong leases if you can’t share pics with other lease members. I guess I should count my blessings for being with a good group.

Agree with this. Those of y’all that don’t share with other lease members seems like it would sure make making a no shoot list awfully hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                Agree with this. Those of y’all that don’t share with other lease members seems like it would sure make making a no shoot list awfully hard.

I’m sure it’s the free for all brown it’s down leases. Race to shoot the first buck type of deal.

*** Nothing wrong with being into that I guess*** lol

Comment

I invite you or anyone to do so and you will be in the next lease search

Comment

I hunt 3500 acres and 5000 acres. I share my pics with other lease members that do the same. I don’t know any of the neighbors or I would consider sharing with them. But on my leases, I share with the hopes that it will keep members from shooting younger bucks with potential and they will instead hold out for the mature buck. I’ve got a 5.5+ 140+ on camera I shared with everyone on one lease with the hope that they will pass on the really good 3.5 yr old bucks trying to shoot the bigger mature one. We’ll see.

But what I will also do, if I hear of a member that has a good buck on camera but won’t share the picture, I will canvas his area with cameras, get pics of the buck, then blast those pics out to all the members lol. We can’t hunt other members areas, but there’s no rule saying we can’t put cameras in other areas.

Comment

No. But young non shooters list I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                        Uhhhh... even the most nominal hunters throw up a game cam.
                        Odds are they already know.
                        Exactly, why would you help out your competition

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                          Uhhhh... even the most nominal hunters throw up a game cam.
                          Odds are they already know.
                          When asked I typically say, “your cameras capturing the same deer as mine.”
                          But I’m not an avid deer hunter so...
                          There are still a few of us who dont have cameras out.

Comment

HAIL NO but it doesn't matter.. Its a shooting gallery over yonder.. I think a live mine field would be a good comparison....

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Count them you should....

Comment

You must be smoking crack. No. Most of our neighbors don't hunt much, showing them a pic of a good one might just put them out in the woods more. You might as well ask me if I hate myself, never never ever show neighbors a shooter...just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                                X