No announcement yet.

Cabela's rant, kinda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are just sold on camoflauge, you have a couple REI's real close, and you can buy the highest quality there is, there

Comment

At the highest price

Comment

The Bass Pro Deal ruined Cabelas....it is just horrible. Old Cabelas Employees even got screwed worst than the consumers do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
          Try https://www.1800gunsandammo.com

They are in Arlington

I had no idea they were there, met them at the TTHA show a couple weeks ago.

They stock Sitka, if that’s what you’re interested in

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
          I'm assuming there is no store front?

Comment

There is a store front, it’s north of 30, and just west of 360

On Avenue H

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Try https://www.1800gunsandammo.com

They are in Arlington

I had no idea they were there, met them at the TTHA show a couple weeks ago.

They stock Sitka, if that’s what you’re interested in

Henry David Thoreau
              This. I also used to get my Sitka gear at Webyshops, which I want to say is the same company now?

But I made the drive there and I live way north, it's nice to be able to try on everything before purchasing when spending that much on gear.

Comment

What's your big hunt and where? What brands you looking for? I have only gotten my high end pieces directly from the manufacturers .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a store front, it’s north of 30, and just west of 360

On Avenue H

Henry David Thoreau
                  Awesome! Thanks for the heads up and I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
                    Isn't SWFA in Midlothian?
                    Went to the website, clicked apparel, clicked outerwear, 1 item in stock, 91 items backorderable.

Comment

Why they sold out to BassPro

Comment

Cabela’s pretty much blows now! There clothing was top of the line IMO. Now it seems they don’t even carry any hunting clothing anymore. If they do start carrying clothing again it will probably be Red Head cheap junk. Not sure where I will shop for hunting clothing when the times come. Guess straight to the manufactures.

Comment

Ill be the first one to say it since I’m seeing it a lot on here lately....you waited until mid-august to start gathering gear for a September hunt? And then you got salty because you couldn’t find gear? I mean you’ve probably known about your hunt for awhile and had time to prep.... anyway, enough with the ball bustin

I hate that cabelas is going to this new method as well. I generally only buy there during clearance times, like around the holidays. There’s better quality clothes that will ship right to your home though. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
                            Went to Cabela's (The world's foremost outfitter) here in Fort Worth today. They do not have camouflage hunting clothing. How does the worlds largest hunting retailer not have hunting clothing. Really blows my mind.

All they had was stuff they haven't sold in big and tall sizes way in the back hidden in a corner. I can see the Bass Pro has already leaked in and Cabelas will be like another Walmart hunting store with low quality junk.

I've got a big hunt coming up first part of September and there are NO places in Fort Worth to buy high quality hunting clothing. Academy has their dove crap, all mostly made out of polyester out on clearance. Walmart has the same crap they haven't sold since last year. Defender Outdoors had some Walls stuff LOL. Sad.
                            Agree...Was there (2) weeks ago and the selection was awful!

Comment

Didnot look much but was in Sunday the Camo was in the bargain cave

Comment

Cabelas doing away with Bargain Cave in store. All high end camo is going in there, at least in Fort Worth.

Agree, I'm afraid the whole deal is going in the toilet.

Comment

Working...
                                X