No announcement yet.

New Hunting Neighbors what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand, they are patching the fence and releasing blackbucks and turkey that you have on your place and there is a problem? Nilgai can jump a fence

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      Need to meet and greet the new neighbors. Hopefully it will work out, if it doesn't high fence is the answer.
      Do this if you can afford it. Otherwise business and hunting as usual. Them patching holes in their fence shouldn't be an issue. Deer can jump fence.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by hoythunter02; 04-28-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

The neighbor of the property I hunt which is only 20 acres put up a netted fence 5ft high. I was getting pics of hogs,axis,whitetail everyday on my cams and now I get a deer pic every other day. Being that you have more game to shoot idk if there's much to upset about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are just trying keep the blackbuck in. they don't jump fences or need a high fence. they will go under. I would say you are in a better situation now with the introduction of turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1962 View Post
            Black buck can be kept in on a low fence because they cannot jump it, but they can go under the fence.

Is this a joke? I guess you've never seen a blackbuck jump lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go by and meet the new neighbor, visit and ask what their management plans are for their side of the fence. If it doesn't fit with your idea of management, not a lot you can do unless you want pay to lease that place too.
              I'm guessing you don't want to do that.
              If you don't like their ideas or direction of management for game, then try to improve your place , food plot etc. to pull the game to your place.
              My experience is the game seems to alway go to the most desirable food source and cover
              But never get upset when your neighbor brings in new game to hunt i.e. Turkey
              As far as him patching fence Don't worry about it, besides a true low fence never stops a game animal from getting where it wants to go
              The game will venture off of his place onto your or other neighbors
              Last edited by ReydonPete; 04-28-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post

Shhhhhhhhh.... youll give away our secret plan to convince everyone to stock the state full of antelope by convincing them Black Buck will stay on low fence properties.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post

Of course they can jump. But they will not jump a fence unless pressured. Property right down the road from us has 20 or so of them on a small acreage low fence. They have never got out.

Comment

I would invite them over for beers and some Q. Get to know them, they might be very nice peeps. Not sure I have ever seen these animal gaps you speak of. if the neighbors introduced black bucks onto their land surely they want to try and keep them on their property.
                    This. I would want to be on the friendliest terms with the new neighbors as possible. Suggest an opening weekend BBQ as well; could turn into a long term friendship.

Comment

The hill country is full of Blackbuck and Axis that "won't jump a fence"

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                        Of course they can jump. But they will not jump a fence unless pressured. Property right down the road from us has 20 or so of them on a small acreage low fence. They have never got out.
                        Same here, 5 foot fence and they stay there. Been driving by for years.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          The hill country is full of Blackbuck and Axis that "won't jump a fence"
                          Oh yeah? And jumping a fence is the only way they can get to other peoples property??

We had a good population on our lease in Sonora. They disappeared and we just happen to catch a couple dipping through a small hole in the fence to the neighbors property. Owner found the hole and closed it off... and we never seen another blackbuck on that side.

*Never said axis wont jump.

Comment

I'd start buying my some blackbuck and maybe some turkeys for my place. Then I would reach out to the neighbors.

Comment

New Hunting Neighbors what to do?

Sounds like you hit a hunting lottery !

If it were me and I start seeing some new critters on my side ?

First , I'm getting on my tractor and start making a maze of food plots that draw these animals to the far side or middle of my property with all the best Vidal's they like chewing on. I'd dig watering holes close by too so they have drinking water close by and plenty of bedding area for them to chill.

I'd get friendly with the neighbor, but I'd keep him from looking @ my place unless he shows me his place.

I'd. Certainly ask why is he putting in these ugly fence patches that for years allowed animals to roam freely.

If he got sheeeety, knowing I drew my share of animals on my side and given them a nice haven, I'd be the one to high fence his asssss.

You got your critters on your side, he got his. You know he will be prolly running pay hunts so you separate it.

You should end up with a nice population of critters and now even turkey, which can fly over high fence.

But if the guy is a good guy and just wants to see game and not doing pay hunts I'd sit down with him and draw up a plan and allow him on my side if he allows me on his and be good neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by mikerosa; 04-28-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I've heard a low fence will contain BB. Like you said, I'd find who's managing the property and express your concerns. If they're as management-minded as y'all seem to be, it may work out. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X