Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd sourcing truck ideas

Hey guys,

I own a 2004 F-150 supercab that I've put a whole buncha' miles on. It's paid for, running great, and just recently got the rear axle seals replaced (that was fun). My truck is 100% stock, and I'm starting to get chafed at the idea. I want to do some aesthetic and power changes to it, but I know...wait for it...zero about cars.

I don't have a lot of cash to drop all at once, but I'm wondering; what mods would you guys put on the list? Suspension lift, bigger tires, exhaust, grill guard, etc?

-LaS

If you do any engine mods such as chip, injectors, turbo, etc. Invest in a good set of gauges, you need to be able to monitor what's happening under the hood.
    Last edited by calls; 09-30-2014, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I run an Edge Evolution on my 5.4 and I can tell you that anyone that says you can't tune a gas engine is full of it. When I put it back to stock it's like someone left the emergency brake on. Night and day difference. Most people want them to gain gas mileage and it just won't do that substantially enough to pay for itself. But it wakes the truck up believe me. I also did a GOTS mod on the intake (google for a how to) and run a 3" cat back with a dynomax straight through muffler. Don't have anything else I wanna do to the truck so just going to run her like this until the wheels come off. It's an 01 with just over 140k at the moment.

Comment

Im not a Ford guy, but a leveling kit and some 33" mud grips on those trucks look pretty good.

Comment

It's paid for and stock, don't mess it up now......
          if you had to do something tires and rims are the easiest upgrade that make the biggest difference.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
            I run an Edge Evolution on my 5.4 and I can tell you that anyone that says you can't tune a gas engine is full of it. When I put it back to stock it's like someone left the emergency brake on. Night and day difference. Most people want them to gain gas mileage and it just won't do that substantially enough to pay for itself. But it wakes the truck up believe me. I also did a GOTS mod on the intake (google for a how to) and run a 3" cat back with a dynomax straight through muffler. Don't have anything else I wanna do to the truck so just going to run her like this until the wheels come off. It's an 01 with just over 140k at the moment.

Agreed!!! I run a evoloution along with a volant intake and a magnaflow. That's it and it's really fun to drive.

I also have a leveling kit and slightly oversized tires. It tells me 16.5 mpg at 70, but I haven't calculated it out.

You could do all these mods for around a grand

Comment

Working...
            X