Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
    At what point did anyone say or assume you didn't have a CHL? My statement was a general statement "you" being anyone who is a resident of Texas. Your argument is absurd however.

Freedom of Speech is a right afforded to us via the 1st Amendment. However, there are provisions in place that make it unlawful to use speech which is claimed to serve no conceivable useful purpose and is extremely and imminently dangerous. such as the famous line Screaming Fire in a Theatre expresses the permissible limitations on free speech consistent with the terms of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Wrong. Freedom of speech is a God given right that we all have. The first amendment doesn't afford us anything, it draws lines the government can't cross. Over the years the Government has rightly determined that there are limits, like 'fire in a theater' but the government didnt grant us jack, it can only confirm or infringe on our rights.

Comment

Chl or not, horribly ubsurd law and until they change it, imma break it year in an year out, I
      m an outlaw I guess, thug life till I die, what

Comment

I'm sorry again...I'd hate to be the guy that has to defend myself in the "middle of nowhere Texas/Mexico" border with a bow... "Cause I had to leave my pistol at camp for 2 to 3 hours"

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          I didn't write the law, I just understand why it's there. Having a pistol on you, on your own property, without a CHL, during the archery only season does nothing except throw a red flag to a GW. How can you prove you weren't intending to shoot a deer with said pistol? You can't, plain and simple. There is a way to avoid throwing that red flag... Get a CHL.

wowowowow so rong

Comment

I get what's being said, we cant shoot deer when it's not deer season but we can carry an shoot guns at our property except now it's bow season and we can't carry a pistol, so, the tpwd trust us all year not to shoot a deer while we are there but they don't trust us when it's bow season. Yeah, that makes sense... NOT

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Take action. Start a petition. Call your representative. Start a blog. Start a movement.

Until then, the only way around it is to obtain your right to carry, concealed. You know CHL.
              no, the law is intpreted differently outside of this forum. intrepeted correctly I might add. no need to contact anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                no!!! according to the law, if you are going to bowhunt anything with BROADHEADS during the archery only season, you can't have a firearm with you unless its a concealed handgun and you are a CHL holder. It clearly stated anyone with a broadhead. EXAMPLE: Now if you are raccoon hunting with field points only and have an AR with you, you are 100% legal.
                thats you're opnion.

Comment

Just stating the obvious here Tubby. Your saying if you are a CHL holder you won't be tempted (or won't) shoot a deer unlawfully but if your not a CHL holder you would be. It is a silly law and makes no sense what so ever. Period.

If we don't like it then it is up to us to change it. You have to remeber these laws are written by burecrats that are intellectually superior to our way of thinking. You can say what you want but it is another way of trying to force people to fork over their money to the state to be able to carry a weapon when in fact the 2nd amendment states very clearly what your rights are. They are not granted to you by the 2nd amendment it is only outlining in written language what your rights are and what limits the govt has to not infringe upon those rights. Which has very clearly been infringed upon by the fed govt.

Comment

I know that if the need arises I will a have a firearm, I will defend myself. I would much rather BE ABLE to justify my actions than to BE DEAD and not

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
                      Chl or not, horribly ubsurd law and until they change it, imma break it year in an year out, I
                      m an outlaw I guess, thug life till I die, what
                      Lmao what up gangster

Comment

Originally posted by Spoken0313 View Post
                        Lmao what up gangsta!!
                        Fify

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                          so why have a deer season. Private land we should just be able to slaughter all the deer.

The reason you cant carry is because it is primitive season only. I doubt anyone is going to fall to pieces if they have to leave their handgun in the camp for the 2-3 hours you are hunting.

laws are laws.. This is a law.. They dont all have to make since to everyone, but it is crystal clear to me. If you have a gun in the bow blind, you might be tempted to use it if in the right situation. Not very primitive....

This is a non issue..
                          Don't get sucked back in....resist...don't do it....ah **** it

No offense but are you freaking kidding me? What country does that argument make any sense in? Do you advocate limits on all freedoms that "might" temp someone to commit a crime? What is your stance on burqas for all women, after all if you see some ankle you might commit rape

Comment

If i hunted deep south Tx I'd carry a gun ( in case a bad group of folks came callin)
                            Other than that there is no need for a gun. I do think the law is a bit silly. anyone who would be tempted to use the gun in place of an arrow would also probably be hunting the roads at night as well. And we all know that laws do not prevent people like that from doing what they want to do anyway.

Comment

what if you said you were hunting hogs with a bow and took your pistol along. just because its deer season doesnt mean you fess up to deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                                So why does it have to be illegal to carry it without a CHL ?
                                This is the point.... laugh if you want at me but like to imagine something that most likely would never happen....

But [B] what if[/B]

It's a half hour walk to my stand and I'm an hour before Sun rise at least already in my stand.... so as I'm walking I'd like to have my'45 [B] what if[/B] a pack pigs or rabid dogs attack me with bow in a sling arrows in the quiver? What ever I'd should not have tpwd tell me because you're hunting deer during archery season you can't have a pistol to use in an emergency to save your life..... I know it's a ridicule s scenario but whatever I like having a gun with me in the woods.... just like I'm not going to shoot with my bow an antler restricted buck I'm not going to shoot a deer with my gun during archery season... I didn't buy a 1k + dollar bow to shoot things with my pistol.....it's just another unjustified law if anyone asks me....

Comment

Working...
                                X