No announcement yet.

**ENTRY THREAD** - Photo Contest #83 - "Bokeh"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane, Your input is highly apreciated. Here you go.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oooooo... I like that last one the best. It tells more of a story of what we're looking at. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowcat View Post
        Shane, Your input is highly apreciated. Here you go.
        x2. Yellowcat, very nice!

Shane, I didn't know what 'Bokeh' was until your intro thread, but I went out for a walk a few days thereafter at the ranch for a few hours and had three things on my mind. Arrowheads, sheds, & Bokeh! The capture of the Horned Toad was a bonus capture that day. I see what you mean though about the high ISO & the noise it brought as a result. Here's one of the first shots I took of him and I captured them at ISO 100, F/6.3, 1/200sec., but only one, this one, came out clear.
        Attached Files

Comment

Of course, it's a different angle and I ended up shifting in front of him with my camera on the ground to get a steady clear shot... boy was it exciting!

Comment

Congrats Bud'd Darlin. Awesome pic

Comment

Originally posted by -Super-Dave- View Post
              Shane, I didn't know what 'Bokeh' was until your intro thread, but I went out for a walk a few days thereafter at the ranch for a few hours and had three things on my mind. Arrowheads, sheds, & Bokeh! The capture of the Horned Toad was a bonus capture that day. I see what you mean though about the high ISO & the noise it brought as a result. Here's one of the first shots I took of him and I captured them at ISO 100, F/6.3, 1/200sec., but only one, this one, came out clear.
              Keep playing with it. Bokeh is a useful tool. Russell Graves is the Bokeh Master. Dig around on his website to see how he uses it to FORCE you to look at ONE thing in a photo while he makes that one thing stand out.

Here's a good example:

another....

Comment

Congratulations Jennifer and congratulations to everyone who participated!!!!!

To shoot BOKEH....shoot the lowest F/stop the lens can support....with your ISO up to cover.

An f/2.8 lens set for this F Stop will BOKEH everything out of your focus zone. BOKEH is a by=product of fast glass.... fast glass will distort foreground\background zones.....the parts of the photo that are out of focus = BOKEH. Higher quality lenses will make a creamy colorful look.....cheaper quality lenses will exhibit small squares patterns...less creamy in color but distorted never the less with BOKEH.

BOKEH is easier to shoot than clear sharp images across the spectrum. You need a lot of light to shoot absolutely clear images....from foreground to background ala ANSEL ADAMS type of shooting style. He prefer'd going the other way....BOKEH was his enemy.
                Last edited by AtTheWall; 07-03-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Oh wow, Ansel Easton Adams.... never heard of him until now..

I liiike what I'm reading here!

I can photograph landscapes all day... I get a kick out of it everytime!

Comment

jazzalina

is this ok?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X