Best Catfish Lake In Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Catfish Lake In Texas???

Looking for some opinions. We were thinking about Choke Canyon? We have several lines and lots of jugs.

What do you think?

Probably Livingston

Comment

Livingston...bar none. Proven by the need for a 50 fish per day limit opposed to the rest of the state's 25 per day.

Comment

Tawakoni

Comment

Livingston and then Richland Chambers.

Comment

i put Livingston slightly ahead of Tawakoni,,,

Comment

Is this a good time of year at Livingston? I know February is usually the best, or so I’ve been told.

Comment

Just found this on Livingston:

NEW: Lake Livingston and Trinity River from US Highway 287 to US 90. Affected waters are in Anderson, Freestone, Houston, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity and Walker counties.

Chemical of Concernioxins and PCBs
                Persons should not consume any species of gar from these waters.
                Adults should limit consumption of certain fish species as indicated below. Women of childbearing age and children under 12 should not consume the indicated fishes from these waters.
                Blue and flathead catfish: no more than one 8-ounce serving per month.

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post

NEW: Lake Livingston and Trinity River from US Highway 287 to US 90. Affected waters are in Anderson, Freestone, Houston, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity and Walker counties.

Adults should limit consumption of certain fish species as indicated below. Women of childbearing age and children under 12 should not consume the indicated fishes from these waters.
                  Been that way the last several years. Hasn't killed me or my children yet we eat lots of catfish out of there. Had some 2 weeks ago

Comment

Choke is hit or miss unless you're a local.

If the river is going up or down, running lines will wear you out. Fill a box, in no time.

Comment

I like twok..

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post

If you limited fish intake from warnings like that you'd prolly be better off vegan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tawonkoni

Comment

Lake Livingston is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              If you limited fish intake from warnings like that you'd prolly be better off vegan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Okie doke. I'll go catch a batch from Lake Arlington and Lake Worth. I'll even clean them for you

Comment

Working...
                              X