No announcement yet.

So what is wrong with watermelon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

41 year old probationary fireman is not going to start his first day of station assignment off with a raciest gesture. Liberals have no common sense and this man lost his (new )career before it started all because this PC **** has gotten completely out of hand.
    I hope like hell he can and does sue. Hell Detroit is a disaster zone and they should be begging people to come work there not canning people for a melon

Comment

So a watermelon is a racist food? I don't get it. I work with varied groups of people (Hispanic, Chinese, Indian [dot not feather] and Italian) From time to time I bring food as a gift to work like taco's, General Tao's chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala and pizza and never once have any of them gotten offended by my offerings. Likewise they bring me sausage and hamburgers and it does not bother me one bit.

Comment

We need to remove all Watermelon patches and all Watermelons from all stores. It is a symbol of racism and needs to be addressed. It should be put in a museum next to the Confederate statues.

Holy cow this is ridiculous. You can get butt hurt by anything if you really want to. Come on people.

Comment

So if I had fried chicken and watermelon last Saturday. Does that make me a racist or am I black now? My favorite food is Mexican. It's all so confusing

Comment

I read this a couple days ago on FB. Everyone is so offended by nothing nowadays and there are double standards everywhere. Had the new fireman been black and brought in a watermelon, everyone would have welcomed him aboard and eaten the watermelon. He should be glad he got fired from that place....he deserves to be somewhere better.

Comment

Someone in my office has saltines out, can I have them fired?

Wait, am I allowed to be offended by things if I'm white?

Comment

I doubt he intended to offend anyone. Who would intentionally tick off 90% of their new co-workers on the first day of work.

If watermelon has been a racist symbol since the war of northern aggression why haven't we seen protests at all the farmers markets and fruit stands demanding an end to this outrageous display of racist fruit? What else should we avoid can someone provide a list?

Comment

Sad

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    Someone in my office has saltines out, can I have them fired?

Wait, am I allowed to be offended by things if I'm white?
                    So a SNL comedian(black) called Trump a Cracker during the show either last weekend or the one before.....according to the liberals that was ok because Trump has a double power position over the comedian....One Trump is white so that gives him power over blacks and he is the President so that is more powerful than a comedian. This makes it ok for the black comedian to call Trump a cracker and it not be racist. So no, you arent allowed to be offended. You cant make this stuff up people....it is so Twilight Zone now.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      So a SNL comedian(black) called Trump a Cracker during the show either last weekend or the one before.....according to the liberals that was ok because Trump has a double power position over the comedian....One Trump is white so that gives him power over blacks and he is the President so that is more powerful than a comedian. This makes it ok for the black comedian to call Trump a cracker and it not be racist. So no, you arent allowed to be offended. You cant make this stuff up people....it is so Twilight Zone now.
                      Dang, well I guess it's good because I'm working from home today and theyre my crackers. I don't want to get fired.

The over sensitivity of people these days is crazy. My wife's company said that this year they get MLK day off instead of Columbus Day because it was offending the minorities that worked for them to celebrate a white man with a holiday. I want to know how many people complaining it takes for a Fortune 500 company to change their holiday schedule

Comment

I worked with a guy from Nigeria, we were both trainer's at the same gym. He hadn't been in the US long and was working and going to college. I was eating watermelon in the break room one day and he keeps looking at it. Finally he asked what it was and I told him. He asked to try it so I gave him a slice and he just lit up. He said, "this is the greatest thing I have ever tasted. Where do you find this?" I eat at least two watermelons a week when I can find them. Everyone is free to bring me one as a gift any time.

Comment

Here is a little history of the Watermelon. I learned about this along time ago from a black friend of mines grandmother. She never would eat watermelon.

Comment

The biggest problem with the whole thing is if he had been black they would have all been happy!!!!! Now that is racist!!! White man brings a watermelon. Racist!!!! Black man brings watermelon. Hero!!!!! From looking at this not all were mad.http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...ver-watermelon

Comment

On the day I graduated from college, one of my graduating friend's parents, whom I had never met, bought me a watermelon as a gift. Although they are not expensive, I found this to be a rare gesture of kindness that I still remember.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                                The race baiters have lost their minds. Next they will just be able to say they think you are racists and you can be fired. Pretty much what is happening here anyway.
                                If those fuggers single out BB Homemade Vanilla. .......someone's gonna get kilt!

Comment

Working...
                                X