No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spend the $ 80-100 and get a good harness and wear it while on the tree you want regret it. Prayers sent for the young man!

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
      Last night I got on YouTube and searched "falling out of treestand" ...Definitely does not look like a good time!
      Thing is, I have 7 or 8 of those junky harnesses that come with any treestand you buy nowadays. They are clumsy and of poor quality, and thats probably why most people don't use em. Guess i need to check out a real harness system and spend the money on a quality rig. It all comes down to how much is your life worth-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      hey Brad, I picked up a Muddy on sale for $60 this summer, and I personally don't even know I have it on for the most part. And you nailed it on why they're not worn more often. I throw away those gimmicky harnesses like what you're referring to. They're pretty uncomfortable and are a pain to adjust every time you put it on. Nothing like getting a good chafe in the Nether regions by the time you get up the tree

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
        ^^^i sound like Mr. Tons of fun I know, but it's in the name of being able to still have fun. Anyone not interested in wearing a harness should ask ultralite09 if they are worth the hassle, as of this past weekend at the H.
        Yes, and if you ever fall in one don't use the harness again, thats something I didn't realize and learned from the H thread, its a 1 shot deal with fall harnesses, some manufacturers will send you a new one for free.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
          Last night I got on YouTube and searched "falling out of treestand" ...Definitely does not look like a good time!
          Thing is, I have 7 or 8 of those junky harnesses that come with any treestand you buy nowadays. They are clumsy and of poor quality, and thats probably why most people don't use em. Guess i need to check out a real harness system and spend the money on a quality rig. It all comes down to how much is your life worth-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by woodsman View Post
          hey Brad, I picked up a Muddy on sale for $60 this summer, and I personally don't even know I have it on for the most part. And you nailed it on why they're not worn more often. I throw away those gimmicky harnesses like what you're referring to. They're pretty uncomfortable and are a pain to adjust every time you put it on. Nothing like getting a good chafe in the Nether regions by the time you get up the tree
          Another vote for Muddy, I was the same way about not wearing the crap that comes with stands. Before last season I found out my wife was pregnant and I told myself I wouldn't hunt without one again so I bought a Muddy. There is a world of difference and it doesn't limit me unless I wanted to shoot directly behind me. The key is to attach high enough above your head so when you sit there is no slack in the line, then when you stand up there is a lot less to get in your way.

Comment

Muddy makes good stuff, I also use their climbing sticks, like them way more that some of the other sticks on the market.

Comment

I'll be hunting some family land bordering the Davy Crockett tomorrow specifically the Alabama Creek section. Kind of excited because I've never hunted there before. There are a few stands set up. I think I'll pick the one over looking a clearing. Wondering should I throw some corn out or not? My cousin hunted there a few weeks ago and saw a few does. Any tips you guys should suggest? Kind of wanting to wait till daylight because I'd like to look the stand over before I get in.
              Last edited by Bumpy; 12-13-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Anyone been able to get on some deer lately? Seems like before thanksgiving our movement haulted completely.

Comment

I was out at Alabama Creek for the past 3 days and the only activity I saw were 2 doe and a fawn running across the road. I don't know if anyone else saw much but I got skunked. I still had a great time...maybe next year!!!

Comment

Anyone ready to start talking about this season? We were checking cameras, clearing brush and moving stands this weekend.

Comment

Keep an eye out for this pup, not sure who the guy is but I figure we could help out if someone sees him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Geez guys, Give the guys dog back to him!

Comment

Originally posted by dummble View Post
                          Anyone ready to start talking about this season? We were checking cameras, clearing brush and moving stands this weekend.
                          Nope.. i think blue tongue got all the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Nope.. i think blue tongue got all the deer.
                            I'm just wondering about this whole clearing brush and moving stands in the DCNF thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              I'm just wondering about this whole clearing brush and moving stands in the DCNF thing.
                              Lol I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think that was something to broadcast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by treehound View Post
                                Not accusing anyone of anything but the way those deer are posing and watching they are definetly feeding on something in that spot. Right in that spot.
                                All you have to do is pee on that same spot every time you go in there. Deer will come check it out and pee on it as well. Peeing ain't baiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X