No announcement yet.

What was your best and worst job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to work on fishing boats out of Dutch Harbor, Ak before going getting into diving. Season started in November and ran through the winter. 8 hours on/4 hours off for 90 straight days on a contract.

Definitely the best and the worst job i ever had.

Comment

Best - current job - lumber buyer
      Worst - accounting... I have worked for a number of corps and bean counting just ain't for me.

Comment

Best-current-Assist with real estate acquisitions for a large transmission company
        Worst- Server at Chili's

Comment

My worst - Probably back when I was 18 yrs old. My dad was a head hunter and put me to work with a company pulling Fiber Optic cable at the Texaco building in downtown Houston when it was completely gutted out. VERY unsafe atmosphere. I saw a welder fall 250 ft from an I-beam he was welding on. He didn't make it. Saw another guy fall off the top floor and onto the pavement below. If any of y'all know what building I'm talking about, you know that was a pretty good fall. 14 hr days 7 days a week for 3 months. All I did was run stairs all day pulling cable down the shoots. My dad broke me in pretty good fresh out of High School. lol

Comment

Best, being self employed for 27 years
            Worst, being self employed for 27 years

Comment

Worst, Changing big truck tires on the side of Highway very un safe, also concrete trucks in the mud.

Best, The one I have now for the last 34 years.... MEP project manger.

Comment

Best - Private Sportfishing Captain
                Worst - Don't really have one

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                  Worst-mowing rent house yards while in high school

Best--gynecologist!
                  I'm no gynecologist........ But ill sure take a look at one

Comment

Best - tanning salon manager when I was 19.

Worst - construction laborer one summer in high school.
                    Union job building a post office, making big $.
                    Dad was the site super...pretty sure he told everybody to kick my punk ***.
                    I ran a jackhammer all day for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                      I'm no gynecologist........ But ill sure take a look at one

Saw a guy at a big party this weekend wearing a tshirt that said that. I liked it!

Comment

Best - right now. Machinist for 39yrs.

Worst - working on a road construction crew during the summer while in HS. Ran 3 rows of stakes on a 8mi stretch of FM road. 10lb sledge went everywhere I did no matter what I was doing.

Comment

Worst: Hauling hay (square bales) during the summers as a teenager....especially when you are allergic to it! I had to wear long sleeve shirts everyday or my arms would break out. Couple that with the Texas heat...BRUTAL!!

Didn't take much of that to appreciate ANY other job!

Comment

My worst job was the first year of my current job, starting from scratch trying to build a business. My best job was my current job, 16 years later.

Comment

Best job... Current with fire department
                              Most boring job, current with fire department
                              Second Worst job... Climbing poles ( lineman ) very little pay for hours and strenuous work
                              Most fun iob on a daily basis... Lineman. Really fun although hard

Absolute worst job..... Horse stall cleaner ( 12) years old

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                                Worst: Hauling hay (square bales) during the summers as a teenager....especially when you are allergic to it! I had to wear long sleeve shirts everyday or my arms would break out. Couple that with the Texas heat...BRUTAL!!

Didn't take much of that to appreciate ANY other job!
                                I guess I'm weird. For 3yrs I lived with my aunt and uncle during the summer. I thought hauling hay was great! At least until you grabbed a bail with a snake in it. We were throwing 90 pounders 3 high over the cab.

Comment

Working...
                                X