No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I've said this before, but thanks everyone for your insight. This has been my first year hunting in Texas, and it's my first year doing archery. I've learned tons from you.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
      That was not Ralphs buck that was brought in. That one was shot last weekend in 4A (gun area)which is already closed for bucks. Hunter said he was throwing out corn this weekend and found the deer he had shot the previous weekend. Ralphs buck probably is the one they found on the 3D archery course but will not count against the quota because not sure where it came from. It appeared to be a high shoulder archery kill. 10 Pointer came in this morning from 7A. Tom 6A-3.
      Thanks For the update

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

New 21 day and harvest sheet posted. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Anyone able to hunt tomorrow? I took leave. Plan on sitting all day.

Comment

I have a volunteer thing in the morning but plan on being in the blind mid afternoon. Have to stop and get corn for my feeder, it was empty when I went up Monday

Comment

Just a small 8 so far. Nice to see deer but 2 over 7 weeks is a bit depressing.

Comment

Glad I staked this blind down well this time. It's a bit breezy.

Comment

After i found mine upside down I tied it to a cpl ttees

Comment

The wind isn't supposed to let up this evening. 17 mph gusts through sunset, over 20 mph tonight, says the weather site. :/

Comment

43 degrees this morning at 6 AM. 4 bucks brought in, all legal, 1 out of 7A and three out of gun area I believe. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Correction, 3 bucks brought in this morning, 2 rifle and 1 bow out of 7. 1 bow buck tonight out of 11A. Tom 6A-3

Comment

Well crap I guess I missed that there was a second updated calendar lol. But I had to work till 4 today anyways. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, I hope I get an opportunity. But I'm just gonna stick it out till the deer quotas are met anyways. I wish I was home in Ohio on the farm. This time of year makes me home sick.

Comment

Is there processors near bullis that yall take your deer too that are good?

Comment

I used Dziuk's (in Castroville). Not necessarily "close" to Bullis, but close to where I live (west side). They have an after-hours freezer, and processed my deer (85lbs) for $65. It only took them about a week, and they cleaned/vacuum sealed everything. Bonus? You get your own deer back. I've heard there are shady places here in SA where you never know who's deer meat you're getting.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used them when I hunting in D'hanis. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X