No announcement yet.

Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it up to my place on Saturday for some last minute prep before season. Had a feeder that I had put rice bran mixed with corn in and it had got water inside, and the bran caked up and molded. Cleaned it out and moved it to a tree line where the deer are traveling across the power line.

Checked cards and still have about 4-5 does coming through with 3 fawns in the mix. 1 small young spike and 1 tall spike/fork. Patiently waiting for my mature bucks to get into their fall range and show up. They should start rolling in in the next month.

Got a pop up blind setup at the camp feeder, that feeder isn’t getting much action from the deer yet. Coons and a big pig are hitting it daily though. It’ll be a perfect spot for the times where I’m running late or don’t want to disturb anything on my place.

Also trimmed up some shooting lanes for a tree stand that I’ll place by opening weekend. It’s on the power line and I have mowed some paths in the tall vegetation for the deer to travel down. Also moved my main power line feeder on that same tree line. Had pics in front of that tree of 7 deer using the hand corn there and hoping they’ll continue to hit the feeder now.

Setup 2 mock scrapes and put up cams on both.

Also fixed a spot in the fence around one of my gates for a quick temporary fix. Was having people riding horses walk around that gate and ride around.

Season and cooler weather can’t get here soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good, congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
        Looks good, congratulations

Thank you, sir!

Comment

Had my first sit of the season yesterday. Ended up seeing a doe with her twin yearlings.

Pulled cards and headed back to the truck ended up jumping those same 3 deer by camp on my neighbors place.

Cards revealed that I have about 5 does running around with 3 yearlings, and 2 small bucks. The mature bucks have not arrived yet. Last year I started getting pics of the mature deer these first 3 weeks of October. I’m a bit worried though because my neighbor to the north cleared 90% of his place and I’m hoping that didn’t run a lot of deer in the wrong direction. Just gotta keep feeding them and try to give them no reason to leave.

I need to hang more stands and get more pop ups out. Give me some options so I don’t put too much pressure on certain spots.

Hung a new stand on the power line and that feeder is getting action daily from about 5-6 deer.

Comment

Had a great day yesterday at the ranch. Made two sits. Saw 3 in the morning and 5 in the evening. 3 button bucks and 5 big does. Finally got some bucks on cam. None of them are hitting feeders really though. Found some rubs and a scrape too. Bucks are about to get fired up. I’ve got the does ready for em!

Also, got lucky when I was leaving. Almost reached for the chain and lock at the gate, and a nope rope was ready to get me!

Ready to get back out there and get on some bucks!

Comment

Gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                Gorgeous

Thank you!

Comment

Yea, that last photo......I don't do snakes well..........

Great recap and best of luck to you,

Rwc

Comment

good luck bud

Comment

Its all coming together Can't wait for you to connect

Comment

Had a nope rope in the exact same spot at my place earlier this year.

Awesome place, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          Yea, that last photo......I don't do snakes well..........

Great recap and best of luck to you,

Rwc
                          I'm with ya! I don't do too well with snakes. Especially sneaky one's like the one I had this weekend!

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          good luck bud
                          Thanks man! You too! How's your season been?

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                          Its all coming together Can't wait for you to connect
                          Thanks, Jay! Me too! Hoping to get these bucks figured out. Hope you're able to figure out that massive buck you have figured out!

Originally posted by AlwaysGigEm View Post
                          Had a nope rope in the exact same spot at my place earlier this year.

Awesome place, congrats!
                          Thanks! I have had 2 snakes right at my gate now. This was the first time that I've had one practically on my lock. Hopefully, if I cut back all of the brush around the entrance the snakes will stay away from there.

Comment

I haven't been in the stand yet but have had a couple good deer move in over the last week or so so I'm hoping to get out this weekend somewhere.

I haven't been to my spot up by you in over 2 months and it's killing me lol. They hadn't mowed yet last time I went up there and it was all taller than my truck.

Comment

Went to the ranch a couple weeks ago and got some much needed mowing done. Hadn’t been there since my son being born on Thanksgiving so it was pretty tall and thick. Pulled the cameras down, checked on everything, mowed, and started planning for some fall plots. Have some work ahead of me to create some small plots and clean up some fence lines.

Here are some pics from that visit.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X