Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have been doing this RV thing for a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been doing this RV thing for a while.

Father converted this 1960 1/2 ton to a 1 ton, widened the fenders, and added dual wheels.

Can see my brother and me in our riding spot.

Cool pics and happy memories

Comment

Thats cool! Especially your brother and you riding with no seat belts. LOL

Good Times.

Comment

Haaaa! That is awesome. Its amazing any of us survived! Great memories.

Comment

Great pic' s
          I often wonder what young folks would think if it they had to ride x-country with out a/c or a phone .
          Also wondered how often a rig from the 60's or 70's had to stop for gas when it was towing a camper.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Great pic' s
            I often wonder what young folks would think if it they had to ride x-country with out a/c or a phone .
            Also wondered how often a rig from the 60's or 70's had to stop for gas when it was towing a camper.
            Not often with this one. It had a 150 gallon tank under the sleeper in the bed with the normal tank behind the seat as a reserve. Could make it from South Carolina to California with one stop.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
              Not often with this one. It had a 150 gallon tank under the sleeper in the bed with the normal tank behind the seat as a reserve. Could make it from South Carolina to California with one stop.
              Dang that's awesome.
              My father in law is 75 and his dad was a very creative man. He installed a keg full of water in the trunk of the old Buick .kept it covered in ice and ran a line to the dash. When the kids complained about being hot and thirsty he just poured them a glass of cold water.

Comment

I remember riding down to corpus as a kid in the slide in camper in my dads 78 gmc. If I needed to talk to them I would shine the flashlight thru window and write on a notepad what I needed.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Man that's super awesome seeing old pics like that.

Comment

Very cool indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When Men knew how to read a map. I remember the pride of getting navigation duty.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          Haaaa! That is awesome. Its amazing any of us survived! Great memories.
                          It was normal, we didn't need the government to tells how to live our lives and we still don't but they will not leave us alone

Comment

That's neat.

Comment

That was a dang fancy travel trailer in it's day!

I rode a thousand of mile in the back of the pickup. Some in the old cabover (there was nothing better than riding up on top looking out the front), or in the bed under the camper shell. Dad covered a piece of plywood with carpet and that's all we needed.

I remember getting sick at deer camp in Menard one time when I was about 8, running a super high fever. Just so happens good ol uncle Steve was headed home anyway. He had a foam mattress in the bed of his truck, so we rolled out my sleepin bag and I crawled in and slept 4hrs home as warm as could be...waking up only when Steve dropped a quarter pounder through the beer window for me in Brady.
                              Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-24-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X