No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision Rifles (TBH deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we did the Remington platform last time, I'd really like to do a custom action for this one. Unless enough folks want the 700, in which case we will do. I'm thinking we can probably work out something with the Axiom in a package deal. Let's start developing a list of what we want this thing to look like.

A good start would be narrowing down the style of rifle(Light weight Hunter/carbon fiber, Standard weight hunter, Heavy target, Long range hybrid, etc). If we can nail that down, we can start looking at component options.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Alamo Precision Rifles
    aprifles.com

Comment

I would be in for anytging but prefer a gun in the 6 to 7lb range.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        Since we did the Remington platform last time, I'd really like to do a custom action for this one. Unless enough folks want the 700, in which case we will do. I'm thinking we can probably work out something with the Axiom in a package deal. Let's start developing a list of what we want this thing to look like.

A good start would be narrowing down the style of rifle(Light weight Hunter/carbon fiber, Standard weight hunter, Heavy target, Long range hybrid, etc). If we can nail that down, we can start looking at component options.

Thanks,
        Robert
        Alamo Precision Rifles
        aprifles.com
        I’m in depending on price of course

I’m looking for a hunting rifle personally so standard weight hunters with slightly shorter barrels since I hunt suppressed

Comment

I'm in as well. Wanting a mountain rifle type thing or a normal weight hunting rifle. I personally don't want anything crazy fancy with carbon fiber. Just a good ole SS barrel with a cerakote finish in a single coat for the action/barrel, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            I’m in depending on price of course

I’m looking for a hunting rifle personally so standard weight hunters with slightly shorter barrels since I hunt suppressed
            x2

Comment

How does this sound for a mid-weight hunter?

Grayboe Terrain - Good hybrid hunter/long range, slim and not terribly heavy, good comb height to accommodate a wide range of optics, comes with flush cups and studs.

Curtis Axiom - Smooth 60 degree bolt throw, tolerances tight where they need to be and opened up where they should be (can run dusty and still maintain solid positive lock up), pinned 20 MOA rail, pinned .250 recoil lug.

Muller Works APR contour barrel - Basically a med-hvy sporter contour that we proportioned to be as light as possible while still maintaining enough material to thread 5/8-24 to the 26"-28" range. Can get these cut or buttoned. I encourage everyone to do some research on Muller barrels

APR BDL bottom metal - Probably going to be the lightest option short of going ADL/Blind mag.

Timney standard thin shoe or Trigger Tech to keep things simple and costs reasonable.

Thoughts?

Comment

Grayboe Terrain - Good hybrid hunter/long range, slim and not terribly heavy, good comb height to accommodate a wide range of optics, comes with flush cups and studs.

Curtis Axiom - Smooth 60 degree bolt throw, tolerances tight where they need to be and opened up where they should be (can run dusty and still maintain solid positive lock up), pinned 20 MOA rail, pinned .250 recoil lug.

Muller Works APR contour barrel - Basically a med-hvy sporter contour that we proportioned to be as light as possible while still maintaining enough material to thread 5/8-24 to the 26"-28" range. Can get these cut or buttoned. I encourage everyone to do some research on Muller barrels

APR BDL bottom metal - Probably going to be the lightest option short of going ADL/Blind mag.

Timney standard thin shoe or Trigger Tech to keep things simple and costs reasonable.

Thoughts?
                Liking the summary so far!
                Would like a detachable mag but this beggar will not be a chooser lol

How often are rifles made with 28” barrels?

Any photos of a similar type build you guys have done before?

Comment

Sounding Good!

Comment

Thoughts?

Liking the sound of this. Any idea on what the weight would be? Prefer a heavier hunting type rifle myself but this sounds appealing.

Comment

I like it too....but dang Curtis and Grayboa don't like us left handed shooters. What's a lefty to do?

Comment

Thoughts?
                        Sounds like a great 338wm for me lol. Depending on price of course

Comment

Sounds good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                            I like it too....but dang Curtis and Grayboa don't like us left handed shooters. What's a lefty to do?
                            do like I did and sell all your left hand bolt guns and learn to shoot a right hand bolt left handed lol

Comment

Sounds good. Maybe a 7mm or 338 ultra mag if the bolt face Works.

Comment

I like the ideas so far but looks to be getting pretty pricy maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X