No announcement yet.

120 Pigs Down! Skinny and FND 2017 Live Hunt Challenge Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for both Shane and Jeff. I know you said a lot of equipment was evaluated, can you both tell us your impressions of the arrows and broad heads you used and why you liked or disliked them? Pretty impressive to kill 45 pigs and only lose/break around a dozen arrows, Jeff.

Congrats to both guys and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good job guys!

Comment

Thanks for the thread and for the recap!

Comment

This. Is. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

America.

Comment

I kinda wanna see a montage of all those 70+ kill shots, Skinny.

Comment

Great idea and great job sticking with it gentleman. The thread became some kind of ritual for me to read along with and I enjoyed it.

Comment

That’s a heck of an accomplishment!

Comment

Good stuff. Enjoyed it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job on all the pig killin

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                        I have a question for both Shane and Jeff. I know you said a lot of equipment was evaluated, can you both tell us your impressions of the arrows and broad heads you used and why you liked or disliked them? Pretty impressive to kill 45 pigs and only lose/break around a dozen arrows, Jeff.

Yup. I would also like to hear about the broadheads used and their peformance...Mainly the Magnus Black Hornets for me. I tried to keep up with the thread but there was a lot going on for me to remember what was used on each hunt.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Good job on all the pig killin
                        I agree....^^^^^

Congrats again on all the kills fellas.

Comment

Two broadheads made it out of the testing for me as heads I would use in the future. For a fixed blade, it was the Magnus Black Hornet. I shot my South Texas deer with one. As for mechanical, the GraveDigger Hybrid in the 125 gr. stainless. Both fly great for my set up and are tough on pigs. The GraveDigger being more preferred than the Black Hornet as the blades will roll over a little easier on it. However, the Magnus warranty is hard to near.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Two broadheads made it out of the testing for me as heads I would use in the future. For a fixed blade, it was the Magnus Black Hornet. I shot my South Texas deer with one. As for mechanical, the GraveDigger Hybrid in the 125 gr. stainless. Both fly great for my set up and are tough on pigs. The GraveDigger being more preferred than the Black Hornet as the blades will roll over a little easier on it. However, the Magnus warranty is hard to near.

Awesome info Jeff, thanks for the reply. Any reason why you went with 125 over 100 grain heads? Are those arrows .003 or .001?

Comment

This was an awesome thread that I enjoyed greatly. Congrats to both of you on a very successful challenge and thanks for doing it, hopefully someone will start another for this year!

Comment

Awesome info Jeff, thanks for the reply. Any reason why you went with 125 over 100 grain heads? Are those arrows .003 or .001?

They’re .002 and I chose 125 in the GraveDigger only because it is stainless. Weight difference wasn’t enough to worry about at 30 yards max.

Comment

Working...
                                X