Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I will be buying a few tabs and a glove

Comment

I have a glove you can try, if you like it it's yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
        I use a tab, but all tabs are not created equal. I found that I can get a smoother release with a tab that has a cordovan leather face. I tried super leather, calf hair, etc and they are just not as smooth. I hear lots of good comments about the Saunders Pac-Tab but I shoot 3-under and I don't think Suanders makes a 3-under Pac Tab.

Every glove that I tried, and there were a bunch because that is what I used for two or three years in the beginning, had a grove wear in the finger tips and that made it darn near impossible to get a clean release.

Just my 2-cents.

Wayne
        Saunders makes a 3 under tab. I shoot 3 under but use the split tab anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Good to know

Comment

I like a soft glove and 3 under.
            All i can say is at first it seems like you may never fighure out how to shoot that thing then one day you realize your getting pretty good, so stick to it and it wont be lo g before you get your first trad. Kill.
            Shoot stuff other than targets. Stump shoot cactus while walking around, little cedar trees etc. i find i do my best shooting when im not simply shooting at the same old thing

Comment

Is there any shop in the Tyler area that carries trad stuff?

I have to take my daughter to Dallas Thursday so I am going to check On Target on the way or way back

Anybody been in the new shop in Tyler?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                x2 Same here! I love the Saunders Pak Tab. I shoot 3-under but use the split Saunders tab as well.

Definitely, try to get together with an experienced trad shooter in your area. That's the best advice you can get.

Comment

BT, lemme know if you need anything! Did you get my pm? Good luck with the curve God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                    BT, lemme know if you need anything! Did you get my pm? Good luck with the curve God Bless, Rusty
                    Negative on the PM, never came through

Comment

Sent another BT, fingers crossed I did it right this time! God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Your gonna get hooked i did . I start with a long bow 3 yrs ago to mess around with now i got 3 long bows ,2 recurves and 1 self bow . Good luck

Comment

Grant (White Falcon) came by this morning and gave me some pointers and a wooden arrow to borrow, which BTW flies better out of my bow

Thanks Grant

Comment

We will need to do it again. Measure your brace height. should be around 7 1/2 to 7 3/4"' Twist string clock wise about 3 twists at a time.
                            P.S. Thanks for the eggs!! Shoot a couple each time to see how they fly.

Comment

Working...
                            X