I agree with NJ's Gov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with NJ's Gov

Please stay out of Texas and stay in NJ.

Gov. Phil Murphy of New Jersey responded this week after Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas tried to lure the Garden State’s residents and businesses down South with a promise of lower taxes.

Agreed!
    Don't need'em

Comment

I think Texas is screwing the pooch with the campaign of trying to lure businesses here from all these High Tax states. Most of these companies also offer packages to their employees for moving costs. These same employees sell their houses for much higher prices than what a similar home sells for here in Texas. The new employees move into newer homes where better rated schools are located and guess what? There are A LOT more Democrats (Left-Leaning) employees than Right-minded employees that work for these Large corporations in High-Tax states. It IS changing the voting base all over the state. People are creatures of habit. Their going to vote based on how they've done so their entire life. If the promise of Lower Taxes swung voters, then there would have been a Republican in office every term the last 40 years.

If Texas wants to invite companies to come here, they need to think of the Long-term consequences, not the short term tax dollars coming in. It's like planting a new beautiful 10' tall Live Oak in a beautifully landscaped small suburban front yard. 30 years from now, that Live Oak is 35' tall, 50' wide, blocking all the sunlight to the now non-existent landscape, no grass is growing due to the shade, the sidewalk is rippled like a rollercoaster and the foundation to the house is jacked up from all the moisture the tree pulls from under the slab.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        I think Texas is screwing the pooch with the campaign of trying to lure businesses here from all these High Tax states. Most of these companies also offer packages to their employees for moving costs. These same employees sell their houses for much higher prices than what a similar home sells for here in Texas. The new employees move into newer homes where better rated schools are located and guess what? There are A LOT more Democrats (Left-Leaning) employees than Right-minded employees that work for these Large corporations in High-Tax states. It IS changing the voting base all over the state. People are creatures of habit. Their going to vote based on how they've done so their entire life. If the promise of Lower Taxes swung voters, then there would have been a Republican in office every term the last 40 years.

If Texas wants to invite companies to come here, they need to think of the Long-term consequences, not the short term tax dollars coming in. It's like planting a new beautiful 10' tall Live Oak in a beautifully landscaped small suburban front yard. 30 years from now, that Live Oak is 35' tall, 50' wide, blocking all the sunlight to the now non-existent landscape, no grass is growing due to the shade, the sidewalk is rippled like a rollercoaster and the foundation to the house is jacked up from all the moisture the tree pulls from under the slab.

I see what you are saying but you lost me on the live oak analogy. I just dont see my entire yard being a massive live oak as a problem. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          I see what you are saying but you lost me on the live oak analogy. I just dont see my entire yard being a massive live oak as a problem. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I agree with J Sweet.

Sackett, just replace your last paragraph with "Austin" or "Southlake".

Comment

Working...
          X