Which pistols should I look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pistols should I look at?

For the last 6 years I have carried a sub compact 9mm Keltec PF9. I have never had a problem out of this pistol but I have now put about 800 rounds down it and I’m looking in a few months to upgrade. The PF9 is not a fun gun to shoot since it is so light weight, and it only holds 7+1 rounds.

So I am looking for a larger pistol, but not a full size(like the 1911) because for a guy I have small hands, and I’m only 5’6” so it would be difficult for me to conceal a full size pistol.

I want to stay with a 9mm so I can have a larger capacity magazine vs a 40 or 45. Preferably I want something that holds 10 rounds minimum(more would be better).

Looking online, the Sig P320 looks decent as does the Beretta PX4. Are there any other recommendations for me to look at when I go looking at a brick and mortar store?

CZ P10C has really good trigger and good size this is what went with when I sold my 19. The M&P 2.0 compact feels really good to but I havnt shot one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
      CZ P10C has really good trigger and good size this is what went with when I sold my 19. The M&P 2.0 compact feels really good to but I havnt shot one yet.

^^^^This or the FN 509 or the Sig P320. All three have four inch barrels and 15+ round capacity. I'm trying to decide which one of these I'm getting myself.
      Last edited by SabreKiller; 04-13-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Glock 19

Comment

I like the walther pps or pps m2. I have both and would probably go regular pps since it has interchangeable back grips and different length clips to adjust to your grip. I don't have big hands and they fit like a glove compared to the blockier pistols

Comment

Sig P365 looks like it would be exactly what you are looking for. I really like my XDS but have been wanting to get a s&w shield.

Comment

CZ P10C or the M&P 2.0 Compact. Also checkout the CZ P-07

Comment

I have the PX4 and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  ^^^^This or the FN 509 or the Sig P320. All three have four inch barrels and 15+ round capacity. I'm trying to decide which one of these I'm getting myself.
                  Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                    CZ P10C or the M&P 2.0 Compact. Also checkout the CZ P-07

P07 another solid one!!

Comment

You might want to look at the newest Sig, the P365. About the same size as a Shield or G43, but with a 10 round capacity. I carry a Shield, but I'm thinking on this one pretty hard. Now, what to do with all the .40 ammo I have.........

Comment

I am 5' 6" and can carry a full sized handgun. It is all about your holster and your carry belt. I carry appendix with a kydex holster.

I would absolutely look at the MP 2.0 Compact, I love mine and it is my current EDC. I think for the price its the best compact carry gun on the market. I would also look at the Sig P365.

Glock 19 is also a great choice. There are tons of options for 9mm compact carry guns in 9mm. I've pretty much shot them all, and the MP 2.0 Compact is my favorite.

Comment

Xd subcompact, glock26, or something in that size. the glock holds 10 I think, the xd holds 13, and both can have a full size mag with sleeve installed for 16 to 33 rounds. I guess 15 to 33 rounds if you add in the mid size mags. A tremendous amount of versatility in a carry gun, that with the addition of a full size grip makes a fun range gun and nightstand gun. After realizing what all they can do, I don't see why people buy anything else for carry, except maybe a deep concealment type pistol

Comment

The Sig P365 would be worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X