No announcement yet.

mt. lion alert! wimberley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The use of "they are all over up there" and "lived there their whole lives and never seen them" in the same sentence used to promote the idea they exist.....presents a problem.

Comment

. That's a big mountain lion someone lost a heck of a deer that's so sad

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        I’ve got the same one on camera, and only live a few miles from your buddy:
        I'm not sure how to respond, But note, I saw this picture maybe 3-4 weeks ago. Go find a thread on here where I posted about it. I haven't because of know responses like this. But to be fair, I wouldn't believe it either had I not seen the picture.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
          Big cats up and down the blanco river! I bet he had a good laugh after he said that. That's ridiculous. If there's a mountain lion roaming wimberly we will get a pic.
          I live in the area and they are here. I have a friend that has a trailcam pic of one. I believe it was 3-4 years ago. I will see if he still has it.

But I guess you study the mountain lion so much that you know everything about them. Mary on here had one kill a fallow on their place years ago in Wimberley. The pics of the kill and how it was buried was proof enough of a mountain lion. Now I don't think there are a ton of them roaming around, but I don't doubt there is one that comes through the area every now and then. My BIL's grandfather killed one in the Wimberley area years ago. And I have seen that picture as well. If they said black panther I wouldn't believe anyone at all.

Comment

It could easily be passing through they have a huge home range

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              I live in the area and they are here. I have a friend that has a trailcam pic of one. I believe it was 3-4 years ago. I will see if he still has it.

But I guess you study the mountain lion so much that you know everything about them. Mary on here had one kill a fallow on their place years ago in Wimberley. The pics of the kill and how it was buried was proof enough of a mountain lion. Now I don't think there are a ton of them roaming around, but I don't doubt there is one that comes through the area every now and then. My BIL's grandfather killed one in the Wimberley area years ago. And I have seen that picture as well. If they said black panther I wouldn't believe anyone at all.
              I said they aren't up and down the blanco, I said anything is possible but I doubt it was a lion. No need to be rude. Show me a pic! People believe other people. I DONT. I make my own decisions not gonna quote what someone else said or saw
              Last edited by forest-hunter; 03-01-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Also where as we may not see a lion we will see his sign. Again it's possible, but I hear respectable people who think there deer was hauled off near Houston by a lion, I don't repeat those stories bc I think they are mistaken!!!

Comment

I said they aren't up and down the blanco, I said anything is possible but I doubt it was a lion. No need to be rude. Show me a pic! People believe other people. I DONT. I make my own decisions not gonna quote what someone else said or saw
                  You can make whatever decision you want...it won't change the fact that mountain lions inhabit EVERY PART OF RURAL TEXAS.

How do people who enjoy/study/read about, the outdoors not realize this. I'll say it again...MOUNTAIN LIONS INHABIT EVERY RURAL PART OF TEXAS....just because you don't see them walking across pastures all day like coyotes, doesn't mean they don't inhabit the area at least occaisionally. You don't have to believe every dumb story about a lost shnauzer being the victim of a mountain lion....doesn't mean they don't live here.

Comment

During the drought a few years back there was one sighted multiple times in Laporte close to the San Jacinto monument roaming through the fields around all the chemical plants. They are all over the state.

Comment

Dale are you kidding me? Every part of rural tx? When is the last time there was a game cam pic or any sign of a lion in east tx in recent years?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        I’ve got the same one on camera, and only live a few miles from your buddy:
                        I thought that picture was taken in downtown Houston?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                          Why do people so quickly assume it is not a mountain lion. It is a proven fact that big cats live all across Texas ( more populated in West Texas) and they have like an 80 mile radius they roam! I have no arguments when people say there is a cat sighting. He didn’t say black panther so I think it can be a legit sighting.

It's kind of like the Bigfoot sightings. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mountain lions are definitely around much more than we see, but the hoaxes put even legit sightings under a lot of scrutiny.

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          . That's a big mountain lion someone lost a heck of a deer that's so sad
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCoOcBv01aA"]Christmas Vacation- You Serious Clark? - YouTube[/ame]
                          Last edited by salth2o; 03-01-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Dale are you kidding me? Every part of rural tx? When is the last time there was a game cam pic or any sign of a lion in east tx in recent years?
                            I know of one photographed near Toledo bend a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                              Why do people so quickly assume it is not a mountain lion. It is a proven fact that big cats live all across Texas ( more populated in West Texas) and they have like an 80 mile radius they roam! I have no arguments when people say there is a cat sighting. He didn’t say black panther so I think it can be a legit sighting.

Well since it wasn't seen, it can't technically be a legit sighting right?. Its more of a wild assed guess..... because "no animal eats animals like another" so it has to be legit...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                You can make whatever decision you want...it won't change the fact that mountain lions inhabit EVERY PART OF RURAL TEXAS.

How do people who enjoy/study/read about, the outdoors not realize this. I'll say it again...MOUNTAIN LIONS INHABIT EVERY RURAL PART OF TEXAS....just because you don't see them walking across pastures all day like coyotes, doesn't mean they don't inhabit the area at least occaisionally. You don't have to believe every dumb story about a lost shnauzer being the victim of a mountain lion....doesn't mean they don't live here.

Man I have never heard of a mountain lion is rural Taft or Sinton, Texas or in the Corpus/AP Rockport area.. I'll have to do some research to support that claim. Now that I think of it, I've never heard of one seen or killed in rural Denton County..

Comment

Working...
                                X