No announcement yet.

No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in... Arizona has it, lived there for 3 years and saw a hand full of people carrying and no gun fights in the streets. You can conceal or open carry with no license. You can choose to get a license, and if you do, when you buy a gun it takes about 5-10 minutes instead of 20-30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      A license to carry is nothing more than a tax on a constitutional right.
      And business is good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        So you knew the penal code laws regarding trespassing and deadly force before your class?

I have no shame admitting I didn't. Before your class did you do due diligence to keep up with new laws regarding these items? I didn't.

To say the class is a joke is disingenuous. I don't believe the shooting qualification shoot even be a requirement. They should do nothing more than teach you the laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Agreed X2. But also, no one claims the shooting portion is designed to test marksmanship ability. It's intended to verify that a person can at least manipulate a firearm successfully: load, unload, safety on, safety off, fire, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
          "Shall not be infringed"....
          Licensing is an infringement

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Imagine if the right to vote had been regulated with licensing, how much of an uproar there would be. The uproar over simply requiring an ID is already comical. Both are rights recognized under the constitution yet they are regulated differently. Doesn't make much sense. Both should be allowed in the same manner.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
            Imagine if the right to vote had been regulated with licensing, how much of an uproar there would be. The uproar over simply requiring an ID is already comical. Both are rights recognized under the constitution yet they are regulated differently. Doesn't make much sense. Both should be allowed in the same manner.
            There actually used to be a poll tax. It didn't go over so well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
              I agree, but the 2nd amendment is so much more than just self defense even today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
              absolutely agree...historically and presently have way more meaning that just what I quoted. When they regulate my rights, I definitely have an answer provided by the 2nd amendment was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Freedom isn't very popular these days...
                I'm all for more freedom, but having people just allowed to carry that don't know how to shoot or have any practice is scary. We don't need morons carrying guns and I feel the class should be more intense, cause people passed that didn't hit the target?! I don't want my family being anywhere near someone who doesn't understand how a gun functions in that situation.

I do feel that once you have your permit, you are allowed to carry anywhere in the state. Doesn't matter if they sell alcohol, police department, or governors mansion. If you are a law abiding citizen you don't plan on breaking laws whereas a criminal by nature does and might carry a gun in those areas regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                  I'm all for more freedom, but having people just allowed to carry that don't know how to shoot or have any practice is scary. We don't need morons carrying guns and I feel the class should be more intense, cause people passed that didn't hit the target?! I don't want my family being anywhere near someone who doesn't understand how a gun functions in that situation.

I do feel that once you have your permit, you are allowed to carry anywhere in the state. Doesn't matter if they sell alcohol, police department, or governors mansion. If you are a law abiding citizen you don't plan on breaking laws whereas a criminal by nature does and might carry a gun in those areas regardless.
                  Id rather 10 untrained citizens with a gun than 100 unarmed victims in a mass shooting incident. As for personal self defense, the proximity is so close that being am expert marksman isnt needed. How many lives have been saved by untrained civilians who happened to have a gun?

You cant legislate a right and forcing a training class on someone to exercise that right should be illegal! Imagine if you had to pay for a license, training class, background check,fingerprints etc to vote and voting can have much further reaching consequences than carrying a handgun for personal protection!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

So many states with Const carry with NO HISTORY of problems & here we are again just like when OC was coming of how Texas was coming to an end.

Personally, I think we have way more folks that don't have enough sense to vote vs carry a gun!!

Again, Freedom is no longer looked upon as a good thing...better regulate it.

Comment

So many states with Const carry with NO HISTORY of problems & here we are again just like when OC was coming of how Texas was coming to an end.

Personally, I think we have way more folks that don't have enough sense to vote vs carry a gun!!

Again, Freedom is no longer looked upon as a good thing...better regulate it.
                      So sad some people don't get it. It's that whole freedom and security thing. And the security is only imaginary.

Comment

People are condition to give away God given rights these days .
                        What God given rights do you speak of? Carrying a handgun? I don't think God has anything to do with it.

Closest you're going to get on that is that God fearing men created our Constitution.

I'm all for Constitutional Carry. If it is legal for you to purchase a handgun then good deal carry it even if you're too stupid to pass a CHL class.

And for those, and there are many, who would never be able to understand the laws concerning deadly force, I hope that they can at least afford an attorney so we don't have to pay for one to be provided for them with our tax dollars.

You know the type, the ones who will let them fall out of their pocket and it goes off in a restaurant or movie theater where you and your family are. Or the ones who perceive a threat and shoot someone because they were "scared" but the other person wasn't armed.

I don't mind laws that make sense. Without laws chaos reigns. I look back at when I wore a badge and think of some of the people that I had to deal with who would be able to carry legally only if Constitutional Carry passes and shudder at the thought.

I hope it passes so I don't have to pay for my CHL but boys and girls you all know people who you wouldn't trust behind you with a gun and they will be there if and when it passes.

Comment

Artos

Freedom isn't very popular these days...
                          Expound on that a bit if you would.

If someone isn't comfortable with certain people carrying a handgun you spout off that they don't like "freedom".

A lot of those folks fought for this country and the freedoms that it offers so I'm a bit confused as to your thought processing.

We have CHL's we have open carry already and maybe Constitutional Carry.

So do you want to do away with the background checks we have to go through to purchase a handgun? I'm for it, we didn't have it before 1968. My Dad used to buy all types of guns through the old Shotgun News from people and they would ship via railroad to the local station. I would love to be able to do that myself!

I mean after all, making us go through background checks infringes upon our 2nd Amendment rights.

Right?

Comment

Driving is a privelige, not a right. The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution says being armed is a right. Maybe after a person buys a gun, he/she has 60 days to get voluntary training or tickets get issued. I don't know, just spitballing here.

Comment

I am a CHL instructor. There is another bill that reduces the cost significantly and another one that eliminates the cost altogether; but, a class is still required. I see several on here that say the class is a joke and didn't learn anything.... Maybe you guys already knew the laws in detail... It is scary to me all of the people that came into class not realizing the laws broken when a firearm is even removed from your holster - all the way to actually taking another life (which is a homicide)... Based on the 1000+ people that have gone through my classes over the years, I think that as a whole, it is good thing for a class to be required. I don't mind if the cost of the license if $0.

Comment

Agree with the argument that a CHL is a demarcation point for easily pulling stats on legal carry v. gun crimes. However, the government requiring any type of permit to carry a gun is a slippery slope and 30.06 and 30.07 signs are clearly unconstitutional in my opinion. If a private business wants to request that nobody carries a gun into their establishment fine, but having a tool that makes it illegal to carry is an infringement upon my individual right to choose how and where I'd like to protect my family.

Comment

Working...
                                X