Your crazy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your crazy!!

I have fellow co-workers and family members that constantly tell me that I'm crazy for sitting in a blind or tree stand waiting to shoot a deer. I'm totally crazy or for hunting in super cold weather. I simply tell them yes, I'm crazy about hunting and that love for the outdoors will not change. Sometimes I might not see a single deer but just being out at the lease with my boy and dad is a blessing. They just don't understand it's something special in my life.

You're*

Comment

Only 5% of the US population hunts. I'm surprised we don't hear those comments more than we do.

Comment

Ive got one that tells me to "get with the times and just go to HEB like normal people".

Comment

I get the same thing sometimes. I just smile at them and move on.

Comment

So how many deer have you caught this year?

Some people will never get it, but thank goodness I, you and most of us here don't care what they think.

Comment

My boy shot a nice buck this year. His smile and being so exited made the season a true blessing. I've left some good bucks walk. See what happens this last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                So how many deer have you caught this year?

Some people will never get it, but thank goodness I, you and most of us here don't care what they think.
                That's what you normally hear. "Did you catch anything?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  You're*
                  Dang you! I wanted to do it

Comment

Does Starr County even get super cold?

Comment

The guy in the office next door to me is into the theater. He and his wife have season passes to the opera and he performs in the local theater.

He is dumbfounded that I would spend an entire weekend in a tree in the cold or that I like getting muddy and bloody and exhausted dragging and cleaning a deer or pig.

I hate the theater. It's the dumbest thing imaginable except for being a mime as a hobby. People from our office go watch him in plays and musicals and ask why I don't go. Words cannot accurately describe how lame theater is, so I just shrug my shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Does Starr County even get super cold?
                        I couldn't feel my toes this past weekend & we had ice around camp...of course it's going to be 90 today & this weekend, so yeah it sucks sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I think all the folks who want to climb mount Everest are loco, so I guess it's relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          You're*
                          You're a good man.

Comment

and ask why I don't go

Cause I'm not gay!

Comment

Originally posted by rjvero View Post
                              I have fellow co-workers and family members that constantly tell me that I'm crazy for sitting in a blind or tree stand waiting to shoot a deer. I'm totally crazy or for hunting in super cold weather. I simply tell them yes, I'm crazy about hunting and that love for the outdoors will not change. Sometimes I might not see a single deer but just being out at the lease with my boy and dad is a blessing. They just don't understand it's something special in my life.
                              AMEN! It's all about making memories!

Comment

Working...
                              X