Bowhunting the Kudu in South Africa with Limcroma Safaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting the Kudu in South Africa with Limcroma Safaris

My Kudu hunt took place on the furthest property I hunted with Limcroma Safaris. It was about 3 miles from the Botswana border in the Limpopo Area of South Africa. This area was really wild looking with many predators in the area. A hyena had been spotted by one of the PH's a couple of weeks prior to our hunt. My PH Otto even had a trail camera photo of a cheetah and leopard tracks. This added an extra excitement to my hunt. The morning sit was a little slow, so Otto called our tracker to pick us up. We relocated to a more open area. This area looked more cheetah friendly . I could easily visualize a cheetah chasing impala in this open flatter terrain.

After about an hour and half in our new blind, we had our first Kudu sighting. A young kudu bull came to water and feed. I noticed several times the young bull looking back toward the thicker brush. Finally after about an hour of this, a mature kudu came in and offered me a 15 yard shot. I was fortunate to make a good shot and my kudu traveled 80 yards before going down.

Very nice.
    Extremely clear video, excellent shot.
    Arrow setup?
    Camera?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Flawless! Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
          Very nice.
          Extremely clear video, excellent shot.
          Arrow setup?
          Camera?
          Thanks to all the kind comments.

I shoot Easton 340 Full Metal Jackets with Blazer vanes and 100 grain Slick Trick Mags.

The camera is a Sony bridge style camera model DSC-HX400V it has GPS, Wifi and big lens. As far as the video, it only takes 1080 video so its not the 4K video/movies that you see being used by the hunting shows. I have nothing but good things to say about the camera.

Comment

Beautiful Kudu and I like the video with the still shot thrown in of it's mane.

Comment

I didn't have a lot of video prior to the shot so I added some pics

Comment

Great job sir!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Dude your videos are getting me beyond pumped. I leave for sa Thursday morning. Kudu is #1 on my list!! Congrats on a nice bull!

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                      Dude your videos are getting me beyond pumped. I leave for sa Thursday morning. Kudu is #1 on my list!! Congrats on a nice bull!

Have fun and take plenty of photos and videos!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good write up and congrats on the Kudu!

Comment

Working...
                          X