single pin moveable sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single pin moveable sight

I am wanting to change over to a single pin moveable sight. I am leaning towards one of the HHA sights. looking for recommendations and advice before I pull the trigger.

I believe there is a thread here dedicated just to one pin sights

Edit: found it

Comment

HHA sights are great if you don't shoot with a quiver attached to the bow. I like the Montana black gold accent sight. The wheel is at the front of the sight so I can still have my tight spot quiver nice and tight to my riser. Lots of good stuff out there.

Comment

I shoot an HHA slider and just needed a spacer for my quiver. Works great and I really like the HHA.

Comment

Man I love my hha I haven't had the others but so far this one hasn't disappointed me an they have the adapters for putting quivers on the king pin is better if you put a quiver on

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
            HHA sights are great if you don't shoot with a quiver attached to the bow. I like the Montana black gold accent sight. The wheel is at the front of the sight so I can still have my tight spot quiver nice and tight to my riser. Lots of good stuff out there.
            Agreed ^^^ I bought the 3 pin accent because I wanted to be able to use pins a set yardages but also have the option to have a floater pin for shots down to the specific yard. I have a 20yd a 40yd and a 50yd pin but set my 20yd pin up as my floater to it can be used from 20-100yds.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              Agreed ^^^ I bought the 3 pin accent because I wanted to be able to use pins a set yardages but also have the option to have a floater pin for shots down to the specific yard. I have a 20yd a 40yd and a 50yd pin but set my 20yd pin up as my floater to it can be used from 20-100yds.

So 1 pin slides independently in the sight? I've had an HHA for a while now, and the fiber optic is starting to fade so it's hard to see in not so low light conditions, and I'm looking at new sights.

Comment

The entire sight housing moves on a roller but my indicator needle set on the 20yd mark is my zero. When it is on zero my top pin is on at 20yds my second pin is on at 40yds and my third pin is on at 50yds. Since my top pin is my floater I can use it for 20yds out to 100yds all I do is range my target and roll my indicator needle down to that yardage and my top pin can be use for any yardage. If I am in a stand and know all my distances down my shooting lanes I have my 3 pins set for 20yd 40yd and 50yd so no ranging and stuff necessary unless something comes out past 50yds.

Comment

Does this help? It is a bit confusing I know I had to read up on it some.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                    The entire sight housing moves on a roller but my indicator needle set on the 20yd mark is my zero. When it is on zero my top pin is on at 20yds my second pin is on at 40yds and my third pin is on at 50yds. Since my top pin is my floater I can use it for 20yds out to 100yds all I do is range my target and roll my indicator needle down to that yardage and my top pin can be use for any yardage. If I am in a stand and know all my distances down my shooting lanes I have my 3 pins set for 20yd 40yd and 50yd so no ranging and stuff necessary unless something comes out past 50yds.

Hmm ok. I'm pretty sure I understand it. Thank you. Only thing I'm really worried about is the sight picture of a multipin coming from a single pin for so long. It's gonna look way cluttered.

Comment

I have the HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra. Love it! Very confident at longer ranges now.

Comment

React 1 sight. Easy to set and once you sight in at 20 and any other distance, you are good to 100 yards. And that is the truth at least with mine. Do not think any other sight on the market can claim that!

Comment

I just switched over to a Black Gold Ambush Ascent sight and I Love it.. I wont look back to a multi pin..It is also very bright and hard to beat at that price..!

Comment

HHA Optimizer Ultra Lite, very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              Hmm ok. I'm pretty sure I understand it. Thank you. Only thing I'm really worried about is the sight picture of a multipin coming from a single pin for so long. It's gonna look way cluttered.
                              You're right about the clutter. I've tried to go back to multi pin, and just can't. To be honest, I've had deer spook and run off another 5-6 yards, but I shoot enough to know the hold-over or under to make the shot without jacking with the sight. Plus, if you're taking anything over 50 you should have plenty of time to adjust with how quickly these new sights can slide. I just haven't found a reason to use multiple pins

Comment

Working...
                              X