Video camera advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishinAddict22 View Post
    Bullsonparade, I'm right there with you. Going to ask my fiance for one for Christmas. Started looking at the handycam's as suggested and it looks like the cx290 is the way to go. Would like some night vision but I guess that is out of budget. I haven't done this before but would like to start. We are getting married next year and finding a house then kids to follow so I'm also keeping that in mind. Ultimately I want a camera that will last but will also satisfy my outdoor filming quality needs. If anyone has any experience with this camera I'd love to hear it. The reviews looked good but I'm sure those people aren't in a tree early mornings and late evenings lol.
    I think that model does not have a viewfinder. One thing to consider is whether you can turn the camera on without opening the LCD display? If you try and night hunt for pigs at night and if the only way to turn the camera on is to open the LCD display, you are going to give away your position.

Comment

No way I'd go with a GoPro unless it was for a secondary shot angle, either showing me drawing on the animal from above me in the tree or in the corner of the pop up or behind the animal to show that angle of the shot. I don't think the picture they show lends itself to a 20+ yard shot with no zoom capabilities.

Comment

Don't handy cam all the way I have several videos in the video thread if you wanna check em out

Comment

What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? What brand do you prefer?

Comment

I like the Nikon D5200. It's great. Nikon makes really good things

Comment

Working...
            X