No announcement yet.

Single Pin???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHA all the way. Full view of Target without all the extra pins getting in the way.

Comment

If I were an aspiring Olympian, then yeah, I'd use a single pin. But hunting, no. You just never know what's going to show up, and how far out.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ the TP Guru View Post
        If I were an aspiring Olympian, then yeah, I'd use a single pin. But hunting, no. You just never know what's going to show up, and how far out.
        Even with a multi pin you're still going to have to learn to hold under or over. Shooting a single pin is just as effective for hunting as a multi pin in my opinion

Comment

I have been thinking about making the switch from a fixed multi pin set up. I like the idea of maybe one or two fixed pins like at 25 and 40, then having a floater pin for longer distances

Comment

Tru Glo Range Rover

I bought a Tru Glo Range Rover a while back just to try the single pin without spending a bundle. I really like using a single pin here at the house practicing but haven't hunted with it or used it for 3D yet. I hunt 95% of the time over a feeder where the distances are usually very consistent so I think it should work very well. As far as using it in a 3D shoot I will have to make sure our club doesn't require me to move up to an open class. That would knock me out of all that money I am winning in SBR, jkn. I have mine set up on my blacked out DXT and the intent is hunting from the ground blind and the Tru Glo sight is bright enough inside the blind. Academy had them on sale for about $60 a while back and they got good reviews here on the GS.

Comment

just picked up an HHA yesterday. Cant wait to shoot it this weekend

Comment

just went to a hoyt crx and tru glo range rover, the vertical pin is much easier to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                  I currently have a 4 pin extreme sight and getting a new bow you always ponder on new gear. None of my shots happen over 30-35 yards and was wondering if a single pin would fit the bill? I have never used a single pin and if comfortable with the shot, I would take a 40+ yard shot. Does using a single pin limit you to shot distances due to the fact the pin is at a set distance already? Does anybody wish they had mulitiple pins at times when using a single pin?
                  Been wondering the same thing as I too will b getting a new bow soon. I have been told that a three pin adjustable slider is the best of both worlds minus the obvious more pins in the sight picture... Have not decided yet but looking at an HHA vertical one pin slider and HHA three pin slider... Sorry I can't b much help good luck and good hunting with whatever sight u end up getting

Comment

As a hunter, I just can't imagine using a single pin. Maybe if I were just hunting over a single feeder, but combining that with elk hunting, no.

Comment

Working...
                    X