Advice on makes for kayak or canoe for hunting use on wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on makes for kayak or canoe for hunting use on wma

I'm moving here in September and will have access to lakes near me. I also have been Google scouting areas in TX and OK that one would come in handy. Any first hand advice appreciated.

It's a whole new way to get out on the water... Inspired by the stability of stand-up paddleboards and the nimble maneuvering of kayaks, Diablo Paddlesports has developed a unique hybrid watercraft.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      X2

I have an amigo, and really enjoy it. In terms of draft, nothing beats it. I've talked with the owners/designers several times. Great people. Designed and built in Texas, if that matters to you. They boats are designed for Texas rivers, where, as we know, can get quite shallow..... I know that's a joke at this time in place. They are also quite stable. I use my to fly fish from. I stand and cast regularly, and for extended lengths of time. They have three models.... I feel the Amigo would be best for hunting. They are designed to take a little more abuse.

As the owner put it to me... The Amigo is meant to take more abuse, while the Adios and the Chupacabra are designed to take less abuse but are easy to repair. I understand them to be quite durable despite those comments.

Good deal on an Amigo in the Classifieds right now..

Not sure if that's the ideal color if you plan any duck hunting, but a little paint or Seadek/Marinemat can change that quickly.

J

Comment

What part of Texas are you moving and which WMA are you referring to?

Comment

Hickory Creek, Tx and land around lake lewisville and wma's near tx and Oklahoma border.

Comment

Anyone have a nucanoe?

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
              Anyone have a nucanoe?
              I've paddled a Pursuit. Nice Kayak for sure. Very similar to the Amigo in regards to stability and maneuverability. Also take a hard look at the FeelFree line of yaks. That's another great option for Texas Rivers/waters. The seat alone might be worth it.

J

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
                Anyone have a nucanoe?
                Yes I have the Frontier 12 and the Pursuit. I am also on their prostaff. They are both very stable kayaks. The Frontier is wider, more stable, and slower than the Pursuit. The Pursuit is a littler easier to paddle but you give up the stability. The Pursuit has a lot more bells and whistles but is more expensive. Can't go wrong with either one. If you are larger person like myself 6'3" 300# or going to be carrying a lot of gear then I would go with the Frontier. If smaller frame and lighter gear then the Pursuit fits the bill. Either way you would be getting a great platform with customer service 2nd to none.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 6'3 and 225, so was looking at a frontier.

Comment

Native Ultimate 14.5 or Jackson Kilroy.

Comment

Working...
                    X