No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked on my feeder last night. I went with the same 6 inch air duct cap as louieagarcia and then capped it with a cover from the sprinkler section. Screwed the cover to the cap and then installed it on the feeder. I'm going to shoot some foam in the cap hole to keep the wasps out. Turned out good and now there are wires for the coons to hang on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	24551440

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	24551441

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24551442

Comment

Anyone mind measuring how far it throws out. Does any pile up right at the feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        Anyone mind measuring how far it throws out. Does any pile up right at the feeder?
        That is my concern. With a LAMCO, they can at least fit under to eat. The only thing would will eat under this feeder is maybe a pig..

The sheet metal on this is alot thinner also

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          That is my concern. With a LAMCO, they can at least fit under to eat. The only thing would will eat under this feeder is maybe a pig..

The sheet metal on this is alot thinner also
          That’s what is unique about this design. Not a lot of corn should stack under the feeder to begin with. It deflects outward.

Comment

We put a couple of these up last week. We used the duct flange on ours also. As others have said, that was 1 weak link that is easily fixed. The timer compartment door is a little janky but for the money, I pretty dang good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
              They chunk I a pretty good ways.

Comment

It says 40’ on the feeder

Comment

Bought one today. Will be setting it out next weekend.

Did the ducting trick to cover the motor, worked well for $10 and fit perfect. Surprised ASF didn’t do this from the get go.

Comment

Bought one last week comes with everything but the battery. Had it out for a few days now seems to working fine for $399.

Comment

A lease mate bought this feeder and I saw it in person for the first time this weekend. Did a test throw and it chunks corn a ways that’s for sure and hardly any corn fell under the feeder. If I was still in the market for a SNF I’d buy this feeder in a heartbeat.

Comment

I have about 1 more season out of my Academy big A feeder and for the money this is what i will buy. I cant really complain about my current feeder as it is 11 years old.

Comment

Might have to give one of these a try. Seem good for the money.

Comment

I like the idea of the small gap between the plate and the spinner so coons can’t reach In, however what is the spread like on these types? Can’t be very large with no room to be tossed without being knocked down by the bottom of the feeder? Do any of you guys see this as a draw back?

Comment

Originally posted by COONHOOD View Post
                              I like the idea of the small gap between the plate and the spinner so coons can’t reach In, however what is the spread like on these types? Can’t be very large with no room to be tossed without being knocked down by the bottom of the feeder? Do any of you guys see this as a draw back?
                              I’m not following you? What do you mean “with no room to be tossed without being knocked down by the bottom of the feeder”? The spinner plate sits between the 2 plates and is what makes this design unique. There’s hardly any corn that falls underneath the feeder itself. It all spins outward away from the feeder. Someone earlier claimed 40’. I don’t think that it throws that far but it chunks it aways for sure.

Comment

I have one and it throws well. Don't like the exposed motor and wire on the bottom so I covered it. It's shorter than my other two ASF stand and fills and I like that as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X