Rough day at the Gun Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough day at the Gun Shop

I'm wanting to rebarrel my 5.56. I want to shot a bigger bullet.

I decided on 6.5 Grendel. I want it stainless and match.
    Gunsmith says it's a dumb caliber not for hunting.
    Than rags on me cause we've talked caliber choice many times. And I have yet to make up my mind.
    Tells me the 6.8 is better but he likes 300 blackout better. I tell him I don't have confidence in the round. I share my experiences with it. He is to tell me I can't shoot so my opinion don't hold much. I was like really!
    He reminds me of the doe I tried a new, to me, shot placement on that was an utter failure. Also I recently used a 300 BO to shoot a couple of pigs. Since I didn't recover them and only found blood on one yada yada yada. I was like ok you're right. I guess the other 15 animals I've harvested who it don't count and are evidence of my inability to shoot.
    He also informed me that I should get rid of my Savage model 12BVSS 300WSM cause it's a gay cartridge no one shoots except me.

Not sure how to handle this.
    I'm friends with the guy.

1. Find a new gunsmith
    2. Build it yourself

If you were in Houston I would help!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      I'm wanting to rebarrel my 5.56. I want to shot a bigger bullet.

I decided on 6.5 Grendel. I want it stainless and match.
      Gunsmith says it's a dumb caliber not for hunting.
      Than rags on me cause we've talked caliber choice many times. And I have yet to make up my mind.
      Tells me the 6.8 is better but he likes 300 blackout better. I tell him I don't have confidence in the round. I share my experiences with it. He is to tell me I can't shoot so my opinion don't hold much. I was like really!
      He reminds me of the doe I tried a new, to me, shot placement on that was an utter failure. Also I recently used a 300 BO to shoot a couple of pigs. Since I didn't recover them and only found blood on one yada yada yada. I was like ok you're right. I guess the other 15 animals I've harvested who it don't count and are evidence of my inability to shoot.
      He also informed me that I should get rid of my Savage model 12BVSS 300WSM cause it's a gay cartridge no one shoots except me.

Took me about 30 seconds to figure out how to handle it.

Comment

Punch him in the face and then ask him whose gay now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stilly177 View Post
          Punch him in the face and then ask him whose gay now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          [emoji106]

I would love to!

However he's a medically retired Army Veteran and the Jarhead in me says we need to look out for each other. [emoji20]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Took me about 30 seconds to figure out how to handle it.
            My hunting partner owns the shop. I get really good prices...

Comment

Tell him he’s a moron and doesn’t have a clue what he is talking about would be a good start haha

Comment

So im confused, are you asking a question on how to handle or just making a statement on how indecisive you are?

Comment

I would find some one else as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegutman View Post
                    So im confused, are you asking a question on how to handle or just making a statement on how indecisive you are?
                    Both
                    I think :-(

Comment

I guess my 300wsm makes me gay! I never knew! Glad he informed me.

What a dumb azz!

Comment

I would simply reply “thanks to the internet and especially TBH your services are not as valuable as you think, and your opinion is worth even less”. Then email him a link to this thread with all the potential customers he’s lost simply because he’s an a-hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                          I guess my 300wsm makes me gay! I never knew! Glad he informed me.

What a dumb azz!
                          Noted. Don’t turn my back on you around a campfire. Homo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

You sure. Because it would seem really apparent that he was ****ing with you if y'all were buddies. My friend worked at a gs for years and it sounds like any number of **** talking escapades we might go on usually ending with an 'f you build what I want'. If he was being totally sincere he's wrong. But it doesn't really sound like it.

Comment

I don't know what to tell you. Is it your gun he's working on or his? He only works with calibers he likes I guess? I don't get it.

What'd Joe Dirt tell his Indian buddy that ran the fireworks stand selling snakes and sparklers? " It's not what you like,it's the consumer."....something like that. Your buddy doesn't know much about what he's talking about is all I know.

I don't know that shooting any caliber makes you gay. I didn't realize that's how that worked but I'll sure be careful now. Tell him thanks. I sure don't wanna catch the gay. That would be a pain in the butt....LOL
                              Last edited by okrattler; 01-20-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X