North Texas Rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Texas Rut?

I've been out of state working and totally missed the 2017 bow season. I got home on November 14th and spent the morning of the 15th in my tree stand. I saw one small buck ( a 6 pointer, no brows) pushing a doe that first day. Didn't hunt that evening. The next morning I was back in my stand and saw that same buck and another smaller 3 pointer, they were grunting and snort wheezing. I saw 5 does only one was really being pushed....

So here is my question, I guess? Is the rut on time up here? I thought it was normally the 2nd week of November. What's everyone else seeing? Is three best yet to come, or did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by BowTechAssassin View Post
    I've been out of state working and totally missed the 2017 bow season. I got home on November 14th and spent the morning of the 15th in my tree stand. I saw one small buck ( a 6 pointer, no brows) pushing a doe that first day. Didn't hunt that evening. The next morning I was back in my stand and saw that same buck and another smaller 3 pointer, they were grunting and snort wheezing. I saw 5 does only one was really being pushed....

So here is my question, I guess? Is the rut on time up here? I thought it was normally the 2nd week of November. What's everyone else seeing? Is three best yet to come, or did I miss it?

I think its just starting. The young one always start early.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      I think its just starting. The young one always start early.
      I'm hoping. I can't go today, may go in the morning again. I'm trying to spend as much time out there as possible, can't go Thursday.... Maybe Friday? I tried to sit all day on Sunday, I only left to go grab some food and come right back, didn't see squat all day.....frustrating the heck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechAssassin View Post
        I'm hoping. I can't go today, may go in the morning again. I'm trying to spend as much time out there as possible, can't go Thursday.... Maybe Friday? I tried to sit all day on Sunday, I only left to go grab some food and come right back, didn't see squat all day.....frustrating the heck out of me.

Hunted Sunday night and got skunked. My son hunted the same stand this morning and saw a big bodied deer about 140 yards out on the move.

Comment

Working...
        X