New York City Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York City Help

I need some help with getting around New York City. The first concern is getting from Neward to the Upper West Side (Hotel Bella if that means anything to anyone). What's the best way to get around the city in general? Subway? Any easy way to understand the subway system? Thanks folks, this country boy is gonna be lost!

no help but why in he** are you in NY?

Comment

Subway, we learned a trick when we were there. You can use google maps on your phone, type in where you want to go and select the option for train and it will tell you which subway to take. Don't be afraid to ask for directions, contrary to popular belief, most people are friendly and will help.

Comment

Agree with that ^

Also, uber is your friend.. serious too easy up there

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
          no help but why in he** are you in NY?
          Man, this is my wife’s deal and I’m getting drug along! She’s always wanted to go so, here we go.

Comment

PM me your number, I can give you some tips if you would like, I was just up there a month or so ago.. Interesting place!

Comment

We used the subway and uber. I prefer the uber after dark.

Comment

Just leave. You’re welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                  We used the subway and uber. I prefer the uber after dark.
                  But after dark is when the subway finally gets entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                    Subway, we learned a trick when we were there. You can use google maps on your phone, type in where you want to go and select the option for train and it will tell you which subway to take. Don't be afraid to ask for directions, contrary to popular belief, most people are friendly and will help.
                    Took the wife a few weeks ago. This is what we did. Subway was fun. It takes off like a rocket. Lol

Comment

stay away from large crowds and rental trucks.

Comment

We are going to NYC for the first time during Thanksgiving week. We have been told to use Uber instead of cabs and subway or two feet any other times. Subways are supposedly really easy to figure out. They basically run one way up and one way back.

Comment

Go eat at Bobby Van's. You're welcome.

Comment

Use the subway for sure!! Just make sure you don't miss your stop. You could end up somewhere you don't need to (or want to) be. Had a lady tell us "y'all need to get off at the next stop, you don't want to be where this train goes".

And don't be afraid to talk to a local and ask for advice on best way to get to wherever. Just because one subway line "looks" like it's taking you to wherever, you may have to hop trains.

There's also a NYC Metro (subway) app that's pretty handy

Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention to your surroundings also

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                              Man, this is my wife’s deal and I’m getting drug along!I'm collecting hunting brownie points!
                              Smart man.

Comment

Working...
                              X