Youth weekend... makes me sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth weekend... makes me sick

Just talked to a friend and he shared this story from this weekend. The lease manager on his place took his son out this weekend and they came back with a young spike. Young hunters first deer so the high fives and good jobs were going out at camp. When everyone is standing around the young boy says "Dad, why did you shoot it in the back?"

Makes my blood boil. What a great example this person is. Breaking game laws is bad enough but to do it in front of your son is just awful.

Like I tell my 5 & 3 yr. old, Always do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Comment

That would get me so mad if that was on my lease. This weekend is meant for the kids, not for the adults to burn their children’s tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the point in that?

Comment

Wow...... we talk about ethics a lot around here.... as we should seeing as in today’s world they seem to have disappeared. Reminds me everyday to teach my kids to live their lives the right way, and to take pride in being honest.

Comment

That is bs.

Did the friend say how the dad reacted to the statement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Operation Game Thief.

Comment

More often than not and it sucks. If a warden happened to be in camp, its no different than shooting a deer in July. Wrong.

I think my oldest shot 3 times with a rifle before he hit anything. Not all hunts are successful. The kids need to experience the moment as much as the dad.

I wonder if he back strapped the deer to make it look like the kid shot it?

Comment

I’d call it in.

Comment

Its been a long time ago but I remember a former lease member telling about his son missing a doe twice on youth weekend. The son quickly intervened to remind him he only missed once, grandpa missed the 2nd time!

Comment

I am afraid it happens far to often.

Comment

What a POS

Comment

Comment

What a **** that guy is...

My son's first deer was a doe on youth weekend. My son's first duck was on youth weekend. A buddy and I got up at 4am, took my son (7 at the time) to the public marsh, pulled boat over rollers, set up full spread of decoys, got ate up by mosquitoes, all for him to shoot 1 grey duck. That hunt is regarded by me as one of the most successful duck hunts I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              I am afraid it happens far to often.
                              Most likely it does. The youth season is in place with such good intentions, but man.... What about age limits, I doubt it was conceptualized to give that 7 year old to shoot “the buck of a lifetime”. Limit it to a narrow age group ... say 12 to 16? If a dad needs his 7 year old to kill a deer...make it a regular season thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X