This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Just admit you didn't know what you were doing and move on....
    Ditto. You've taken two personal shots now. I owe you a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Back to CFB:

OU - playoff 4 seed is my guess

TCU - Cotton, Peach or Fiesta

Valero Alamo - OSU or Texas
      Camping World - OSU or Texas or KSU and Texas would have to decline for that.
      AdvoCare V100 Texas - Texas or KSU, nobody wants ISU or WV without QB's.
      AutoZone Liberty KSU or ISU or WV
      Cactus - ISU or WV
      Zaxby's Heart of Dallas

Where do you think they end up?
      I am hearing the same thing but a 7-5 team in the Alamo seems odd unless it is Texas just to sell tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Who Baker Mayfield is... summed up in three tweets!

immediately following

Lincoln acting like he's in control of Baker after this

He'll win the individual award and be gone in a few games.
        What a punk.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chad C;12941678]"SEC records over the past six seasons: Kevin Sumlin 25-22, Dan Mullen 24-23. I know, I know, A&M is a better job than Mississippi State, but isn't it wild that Mullen is considered a top coaching target and A&M wants to fire Sumlin?"

"Since joining the SEC, #TAMU is 51-25 in Kevin Sumlin's six seasons there--only Bama, LSU & UGA has won more games in the league. In the six seasons before, the Aggies were 42-34."

Feels like they keep Sumlin to me. I'd like to see what they can do with that crew next year.

^^^^^This. I changed my mind about Sumlin. Aggies played 19 Freshman last Saturday. Had they not lost Starkel to an injury the first game things may have been different. One more year of Sumlin is not going to kill the program. If they fire him then they will pay dearly for a buyout and have to pay the incoming coach as well. Might as well save the money

Comment

Starkles injury didn't have anything to do with the inability to call offensive plays, or manage games.
            He's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Starkles injury didn't have anything to do with the inability to call offensive plays, or manage games.
              He's gone.
              The passing game would have been much better if Starkel was not injured. Of course, the reality was that Starkel did get hurt so we will never know.

Is Franchione available?

Comment

Mayfield is on heck of a ball player and talent. But what he makes up in talent he dang sure lacks in class, maturity and situational awareness off the field. I understand the trash talk and all but the crotch grab is over the top. Glad the coach won't start him but he will go in right shortly after.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Mayfield is on heck of a ball player and talent. But what he makes up in talent he dang sure lacks in class, maturity and situational awareness off the field. I understand the trash talk and all but the crotch grab is over the top. Glad the coach won't start him but he will go in right shortly after.
                  Johnny Mayfield?

Comment

Johnny Mayfield?

Johnny boy was just as bad if not worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      He's just a privileged rich kid whose parents have fought all of his battles, but never taught him how to act in public. The bravado (however false/contrived) would be awesome, if he wasn't such a mindless ****** bag. Situational awereness is a good term. He'll be found out soon enough...like he was in F'ville.

Comment

Ags, serious question. Say Sumlin manages to beat LSU and win a bowl game. Does he get fired then?[/QUOTE]

Yes he does, and I think he would have even with a win over UCLA. There is a point where there is too much negativity surrounding a coach to allow him to be successful. I think Brown hit this point at Texas.
                        When the negativity surrounding the program get to the level thst small things are being constantly blown out of proportion then you have to make a change.

Had Starkle stayed healthy and he beat Miss St, was competitive against Auburn and won out against Ole Miss and LSU then he would have saved his job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          He's just a privileged rich kid whose parents have fought all of his battles, but never taught him how to act in public. The bravado (however false/contrived) would be awesome, if he wasn't such a mindless ****** bag. Situational awereness is a good term. He'll be found out soon enough...like he was in F'ville.
                          Care to predict when he will be "found out"?

Comment

Don't be shy Dale. There has been some doozie predictions about OU football over the years. Especially this year.

Comment

Mediocre is no way to go through CFB...
                              Fire Sumlin...this experiment has failed.

Comment

College Football 2017 Week 12

Mediocre is no way to go through CFB...
                                Fire Sumlin...this experiment has failed.

So who replaces him? Lots of vacancies this year!!

And more importantly! Bring on week 13! Geaux Tigers!!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Slew; 11-20-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X