No announcement yet.

Camo upgrade.what ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it was the camo or not, but between the choices you mentioned, I prefer First Lite. I have several pieces of Kuiu and several pieces of First Lite, and I prefer the First Lite.

I recently spent a ton on ASAT camo in First Lite. Depending upon your size, there's still some ASAT left, check it out if you haven't. I just picked up some more yesterday.

I enjoy the First Lite because of the quality and comfort, especially in varying temperature.

Comment

I vote for a new set of Wrangler Wear blue and a white t-shirt.

Comment

I see many deer every year while sitting on the ground leaned up against a tree. None of my camo is fancy. Flourcent orange hat and vest. Not brushed in. Basically do everything that would be against most peoples rules. Have had them look right at me but if I don't move, they cant make me out to be a human. But while bow hunting, I've had them look straight in the tree and bust me. Some deer are conditioned to looking up. If I had to guess, your deer are used to death from above and watch the tree a little harder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
          I don't know if it was the camo or not, but between the choices you mentioned, I prefer First Lite. I have several pieces of Kuiu and several pieces of First Lite, and I prefer the First Lite.

I recently spent a ton on ASAT camo in First Lite. Depending upon your size, there's still some ASAT left, check it out if you haven't. I just picked up some more yesterday.

I enjoy the First Lite because of the quality and comfort, especially in varying temperature.

Man I can’t find any firstlite asat in my size anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Camo upgrade.what ya think?

Man I don’t know. I’ve killed more deer and pigs out of a tree or tripod in worn out jeans and an old Brush Country shirt or fleece jacket...with snake boots on...and there ain’t a mesquite tree anywhere nearby. Lol

Oh and I’m a fidgeter. I move a lot in the stand.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I think your camo did not get you busted, it was somethings else. Lack of background, deer have seen you there before, they smelled you, any number of things are more important than what brand or pattern you wear. Many, many deer are killed each year by guys wearing flo orange that sit in trees as well as on the ground. If it was "UV glare", there's a product that's supposed to remove that.
              This.

Comment

I wear camo when bow hunting most of the time but I will say I think it’s something else hurting you even though it doesn’t seem like it. I honestly believe it doesn’t matter that much. I think being sky lined does hurt but I think more times than not they smell you. The camo market is just a gimmic just like all the attractants they sell nowadays.

Comment

Have cabelas zonz merino wool, doesn't look as flashy as some patterns but breaks up good

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                    Alright, I need to upgrade the camo. I’ve been using cheap academy camo and have been busted twice this year while now hunting. Once 20’ up and another 25’ up. Only two deer that have been in bow range. So very frustrating. Didn’t move either time. Saw them coming. They glanced around and when they glanced in my general direction they pegged me big time. When I was 25’ up I was in the top of an oak with a cedar that was growing next to it. All I can think is the camo must have a uv glare like crazy based off a pic on my game cam at night where my pants look silver and you can’t see the pattern at all.

So I’m thinking of first lite wool or possibly kuiu camo. I like the thought of wool. Wish they didn’t discontinue the ASAT pattern. Seems that would work best in a tree. Plus it doubles if I go to Colorado next year.

So what ya got? Thoughts. What seems to work pretty good? Because I’m over doing everything right only to get busted in the top of a tree at 25 yards....

Buy tan colored clothes and some fabric dye and make your own asat

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Buy tan colored clothes and some fabric dye and make your own asat

Seriously.....

GREAT IDEA!

Comment

I'm going to say most likely not your camo pattern either but that high up the deer may see a big black blob with the academy camo and get spooked from that. I think Mossy Oak has a treestands pattern that has some brighter colors.

Camo is made to catch the hunter's eye not hide you from the deer. I love camo personally and they hook me with new patterns but I don't think it's really needed for 90% of my hunts.

Comment

camo the biggest lie

Comment

I agree with Coon007, I wear camo but has nothing to do with being busted. Scent,scent,scent !!!!!!!

Comment

What about 3D camo? I have had turkey see something they don't like up in a tree about 12 to 15 feet with regular camo and not see me at all when wearing 3D camo. I must say pretty much the same thing with deer. I am a believer of 3D camo and most always wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                I think your camo did not get you busted, it was somethings else. Lack of background, deer have seen you there before, they smelled you, any number of things are more important than what brand or pattern you wear. Many, many deer are killed each year by guys wearing flo orange that sit in trees as well as on the ground. If it was "UV glare", there's a product that's supposed to remove that.
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X