Big Oak Bowhunting - East TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Oak Bowhunting - East TX

I found myself looking for a quick day lease trip to take my neighbor's son on a hog hunt for his graduation. Since Danny was also given one of Buff's old Black Widow recurves as a graduation present, it only made sense to make the trip to see Marty & hunt at his place in East Texas, Big Oak Bowhunting - www.bigoakbowunting.com

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...

Comfortable bunkhouse, bathroom, and shower...

This is what a backyard is supposed to look like...

Master Tracking Lacy dog on staff...

Walk-in freezer...

Excellent set-ups with treestands and groundblinds at every feeder...

Excellent exotic ranch with trophy-class Axis in hard antler right now & some nice Blackbuck ready to hunt currently too...

Sheephunters won't have a hard time finding targets...

I'm really excited about the Red Stag crop for the upcoming season. These guys won't start shedding their velvet until September...lots of growth time left.

Young stag...

I see camo-people...

I want to see this again...in September!

This is going to be an amazing animal, both sides of its rack are showing some big crowns already...

We had a great trip and couldn't have asked for a better host. I passed on some smaller pigs <40-60 #ers> in the first hour on the stand and decided to wait for something bigger, turned out to be my best chance to make meat on the short 1-day hunt...but, I will be taking my kiddo back for a hog hunt before the summer is over.

5-Stars, Marty! Really enjoyed our stay, my friend...
    Last edited by tinman; 06-12-2012, 10:54 PM. Reason: problem with images?

You need to click the yellow icon above the text box and paste those image codes inside.

Thanks for the thread. Me and my son Josh are headed to Big Oak on Friday!
    Last edited by Chew; 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Have a GREAT trip, Chew!

What Chew-guys going after?
      Last edited by tinman; 06-12-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Marty runs a great place! Anyone would enjoy hunting out there.

Comment

looks like an amazing place

Comment

One of these days I'll be going there.

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
              Have a GREAT trip, Chew!

What Chew-guys going after?
              Exotic does and hogs for the boy. I'm just gonna video. Graduation gift for Josh. He's the 3rd son in a row that chose to go hunting for graduation!

Comment

...that's just good raisin'!

Congrats, Josh and good luck.

Comment

Are his prices the norm?

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                    Are his prices the norm?
                    His trophy fees are about average maybe a tick below average. Definitely not as high as some.

Comment

I agree prices are pretty good especially for the quality of game and lodging that you get with it.

Comment

Good report. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

Headed to see Buff at Big Oak tomorrow. Should be there in time for the afternoon hunt. Can't wait.

Comment

Good luck Chew and son.

Comment

We had a great time at Big Oak this weekend. Saw a lot of good critters but it was hard hunting due to all the rain and green stuff growing everywhere.

I let myself down with my recurve and make a bad shot and lost an animal.

My son Josh had a blast too and was covered up with animals. He didn't see anything on the hit list but had fun being that close to red deer, sika, blackbuck, and everything else.

Buff has a great place. I've been on several day leases and always felt guilty because it seemed that the animals were starving to death. That is just the opposite at Big Oak. Buff feeds them long, hard, and continuously! This is the healthiest group of exotics I've ever seen.

The camp house was comfortable and the nearby catfish restaurant was dee-licious.

Big Oak is highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                              X