what I do with all that meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I do with all that meat

On my way home from Graham I stopped at a little country store to get some more ice to go on my doe. The lady at the counter was maybe 60ish . when I told her I needed 6 bags of ice she said "O did you get something". I told her I did. She said she really missed her husband hunting and having all that meat in the freezer as he wasn't able to hunt anymore. I asked her if she would like to have the doe I had harvested . she studied on it for a minute and with her best poker face she asked "how much"? I asked her if she was willing to trade me a piece of the pizza they had on the counter. I have not made anyone that happy in a long time. Everyone in the store gathered around to help transfer the meat from my cooler to a couple of bags we put in the drink cooler of the store. I don't know how many fo those folks were pro hunting when they went in the store but I'm sure they all were when they left.

Well done Buff, you did an honorable deed there my friend.

Comment

That there is top notch in my book!!!! Way to go Buff

Comment

You can't bet any better PR for hunting than to sharing the bounty of the harvest!

Great Job!

Comment

Excellent! These are the small things that put you up one notch above Chunky on my personal hero list...

Comment

That's an awesome piece of being a good person! Good on you Bro! Everything that you give away freely, will return twice over too!

Comment

Way to go Buf! I am sure that meant more than you can imagine.

Comment

Nice move Buff! I knew I should have opened a convenience store!

Comment

Way to go Buff, I don't care what Tinman says, you are two notches above me at least.

My fav part is that you traded for pizza, I would have done the same thing, except maybe held out for an egg roll to boot.

Comment

Excellent gesture. Not something you hear of every day.

Buff is the new Fred Bear and Howard Hill combined.

Comment

Kudos Buff. You can share a fire with me anytime. I truly respect your abilities and kindness. Thanks for being a giver and not a taker.

Doug Key

Comment

Good job Marty

AWESOME Marty. I have a couple ladies here at work in about the same situation and I do the same when I can.

Comment

It is great for you to share. May your arrows all fly true and may the wind always be in your sails. May the big one come by and give you a broad side.

Comment

Very thoughtful of you and there will be one well fed family this winter.
                            Love the "pizza trade"...you got your priorities right.
                            We have an opportunity to help feed the town of Benavides with some of our management requirements. It feels so good to provide many families with some of the best meat they get all year. We get tamales, in place of pizza. (our only hope is the meat is from the deer we provide...you never know!). Your gesture goes a long way! You just set the standard in "class".

Comment

Kudos. I've got to hunt with this man sometime!

Comment

Working...
                              X